Comments

You must log in or register to comment.

grusauskj t1_jeeh9m6 wrote

If you’ve ever waited in a +100 person line for nickel in the cold, you’d be happy to see this

mynameisnotshamus t1_jeegbtd wrote

Crafting a harshly worded letter right now. I will not stand for this!!!

Welcome2FightClub t1_jeesdqe wrote

The older I get the more I find myself paying to save time.

jarfin542 t1_jeh1vuz wrote

Hah! I remember when Huskies was the b list bar for just the cheesy kids and all the real people were down at Ted's. This was a long time ago and I have no idea what things are like up in Storrs these days. Paying to jump in a line sounds like disneytopia though.

jaywillct t1_jef2uxj wrote

You had to do Thursday right. Hit it early for happy hour to eat then stay for nickel night. That skips the cover too until they started rechecking IDs to kick people out for nickel night. This has the added benefit of setting the high score on Photo Hunt. Those were the days.

postedtoasted56 t1_jeevvx7 wrote

What's this for?

Acousticks OP t1_jef77hl wrote

To cut the lines at Huskies (college bar) up in UCONN.

postedtoasted56 t1_jef7q14 wrote

I figured, but i meant was this for like a special game or is this bar always popping. My sis was in UCONN 2016. Went to this bar once, very small from what I remember

Acousticks OP t1_jeg2avs wrote

This was just a normal Thursday night. (last night)

No special event.

Miles_vel_Day t1_jefcdj2 wrote

At Yankee Stadium they have a few of the gates set up just for users of some stupid line-cutting service. The result is that there aren't enough gates for everybody else, and you just have to plan around the fact that when you get to Yankee Stadium, it's going to take you a half hour to actually get inside.

There is definitely room to change more stuff that is currently entirely queue-based to appointment-based, given our current technology. But boy, this ain't it.

ExplosiveToast19 t1_jeeglzc wrote

Smh back in my day we just waited in the cold

No wonder this generation is so soft

−2

austinin4 t1_jefds57 wrote

Spoken like an old fart.

As a fellow old fart who waited on lines there when it was called something else, I agree.

Also want some Sgt Pepps now.