Submitted by Neowwwwww t3_126mva6 in Connecticut

Usually by this time of year I’ve seen a hand full of turkeys on our property or around the area. I haven’t seen any, did the coyotes and bobcats kill them all?

Comments

You must log in or register to comment.

scottct1 t1_je9ryy5 wrote

They are in Hartford at the State Capitol. :)

Papa_Bearto2 t1_je9us9m wrote

We have a small army of them in my neighborhood.

bankofgreed t1_je9zz0v wrote

I saw a jake (immature male) just yesterday outside my home. This is by candle wood lake.

mynameisnotshamus t1_jeba2a6 wrote

^(You could have just said Turkey)

−13

Dr_Acula_PhD t1_jebqn9r wrote

You could have not been an ass. Sometimes people care about the details.

mynameisnotshamus t1_jec2m4s wrote

But but but… the little type?! If you don’t like people being snarky, perhaps Reddit is not for you. And no one cares that one person saw a specific age and sex of one Turkey.

−8

[deleted] t1_jecbmzi wrote

[deleted]

mynameisnotshamus t1_jeccytu wrote

How does one believe a stutter was developed by reading a dumb Reddit post? Ahhh that was probably an attempt at humor? Great one! Ha!

−5

Joggingmusic t1_jeehp21 wrote

Complains about nobody caring, but then takes the time to respond. Brilliant.

mynameisnotshamus t1_jeeicd0 wrote

You haven’t noticed that comments are what Reddit is all about? And, what’s really special is that people can comment both positively and negatively on things! They can joke, be sarcastic, all sorts of options! Complete sentences are also helpful.

Joggingmusic t1_jeek5gi wrote

Look I get it, you think you're clever...great...good for you. But whats the point of being a prick? You've done this in other threads. Is your self esteem so low that you need to just criticize people over the way they choose to communicate? Why not just keep it moving?

RoadBudget t1_je9vs72 wrote

There’s a huge flock on the Easton/Fairfield border near the reservoir. At least 20-30; seen them every day for the last week or two.

strippersandcocaine t1_jea0ej1 wrote

Saw a small pack (group? gobble?) of them in Cheshire last weekend

NubwubTM t1_jeb38iy wrote

Hadn’t seen one all year. Read this post during lunch and just saw one on my way home right on my street as if they knew

No_Arm_931 t1_jea2fvb wrote

I’ve seen a few flocks out and about! I wonder if they are less out and about right before chicks hatch (which would be around now)?

jarfin542 t1_jeay9hc wrote

We've got loads of them in the Farmington Valley.

cheekythemonkey16 t1_jeam6zt wrote

had them in my backyard in North Guilford last week!

marua06 t1_jeamktc wrote

Saw one crossing Rt 80 in Killingworth a few days ago.

midmodmad t1_jeauje2 wrote

I spotted a flock in Wilton last week and I had two toms in my yard a few days ago.

wonderjunkie83 t1_jebesds wrote

My house in Northern Killingworth. 11 females and 2 males.

thebatfan5194 t1_je9s7uq wrote

I saw a big one on my way to work through Woodbridge

Gooniefarm t1_je9vmfh wrote

I saw a lone turkey hen in my field yesterday. First and only one this year. Last several years, I've noticed there are a lot fewer turkeys around.

ArgumentLost9383 t1_jeabfop wrote

I’ve been seeing the “normal” amount id normally see I believe

Ok-Collection-7253 t1_jeacw2n wrote

Not sure. None of the bobcats or coyotes return my texts. Hope the turkeys are ok though. I love seeing them as well.

kimwim43 t1_jeaekpz wrote

My son lives in Enfield, his yard has been full of turkeys. He has 5 acres, mostly wetland, field. Maybe yours are still sleeping.

neermif t1_jeag4ll wrote

Oh you will. Just wait. I saw a big Tommy yesterday at work. I’m waiting any day now for parades of 10-20 turkeys through my front yard in the morning

johnsonutah t1_jealcju wrote

Used to see them frequently in central CT (Berlin/meriden/southington) - now only see them maybe 3-5 times in a whole year.

Coyotes decimated them where I am. I hear the coyotes almost every night

DragonDa t1_jeam8mu wrote

Driving through Ridgefield yesterday I saw several

1984isnowpleb t1_jeapre7 wrote

Saw one in the road yesterday & I thought it was a big dog it was so large

InTheTenRing t1_jebkmaa wrote

With the weather and mild winter we've had, food sources have changed and pushed flocks into different areas for foraging. We have a large flock in my neighborhood that move closer to standing water to feed on bugs rather than the acorns and other tree nuts.

Comfortable_File3359 t1_jebmroz wrote

The weather has been fluctuating ridiculously I say wait a few weeks. Our climate is changing it’s a lil spooky.

Acousticks t1_jebvx93 wrote

Saw a Turkey at the Mcdonalds in Berlin around 545 am Tuesday.

murphymc t1_jec26w6 wrote

There's plenty around, I'm a visiting nurse and have a patient I see in Tolland and there's at least a dozen Turkeys in her yard routinely.

J_Swanlake t1_jecafj7 wrote

Saw one running down the road in Stamford.

WaterDog_ t1_jecmadu wrote

There are dozens around here, as usual. (Redding)

belladonna133 t1_jed02jg wrote

I saw a bunch this weekend in Easton

ophelias_tragedy t1_jed0seu wrote

I haven’t seen any this year either. There’s usually a couple flocks (?) that wander in the woods around my house and hang out in the street but they haven’t shown their faces yet

Pinkmandms t1_jecbj7f wrote

Manchester, we've got loads