Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

Uncle_Baconn t1_j98huwt wrote

Misleading title for anyone who bothered to read the article. His pay as CEO did not double. His pay is double from what it was in his prior job as not-CEO. He's only been in the job a year.

Something to think about while you all are sharpening your pitchforks, his paycheck going to zero means you save $0.25 per month.

HappyLittleRadishes t1_j98iffu wrote

I'd happily reduce my electric bill by $0.25 a month if it meant he was out of the job.

Uncle_Baconn t1_j98mht8 wrote

Who do you want to do it? What should they get paid? You don't like this guy, but I bet you didn't like the last guy either and he raised a rate that actually went to their profits. The January rate increase was strictly COGS.

Egg prices go up = omelette prices go up. Doesn't mean the restaurant made more money. At least with the regulated utility, there's transparency in the rates via PURA.

Edit: a word

−10

HappyLittleRadishes t1_j9c71it wrote

Eliminate the position.

Allow the state to capture Eversource and run it as a state utility. For the good of the people of Connecticut rather than the windfall of the shareholders.

kitncandy t1_j99vegl wrote

Just to recap he made 14m, while some CT residents are left with the decision to buy food or pay this bill. When residents are paying for their electric bill instead of eating cause they don’t have the monies to, that’s a problem

EverybodyHasPants t1_j98ifnn wrote

He’s making $ 0.25 off of every Eversource customer?! You did the math on this?

Uncle_Baconn t1_j98lw6z wrote

Yes. Last year he got paid around $14MM, and they have 4.4 M customers.

$14,000,000 yearly salary / 4,400,000 customers = $3.18 per customer per year. $3.18 / 12 months = $0.265 per customer per month.

He doesn't get paid separately for electric, gas and water customers in 3 states. It's his total salary to run the 358th largest company in the country.

Spider_J t1_j9959l0 wrote

>Last year he got paid around $14MM

I'm sorry, just to clarify, this is your attempt to make him seem more sympathetic?

break_card t1_j9abw2h wrote

What a fucking joke of a post. So misleading.