Comments

You must log in or register to comment.

[deleted] t1_j9a2mjo wrote

It’s too early to be drinking man, sober up.

mrjharder11 t1_j9a5v2y wrote

Taking steps to reduce gun violence and taking steps to reduce other forms of death can exist at the same time. They're not mutually exclusive.

CT has one of the lowest gun death rates in the Union. Is there a link between that and CT firearm laws? https://www.cdc.gov/nchs/pressroom/sosmap/firearm_mortality/firearm.htm

What's your proposal to reduce strokes, cardiovascular disease and household accidents?

pr1ap15m t1_j9dsv0t wrote

we shouldn’t blame the bacon that’s for sure

eddie964 t1_j9dwg4j wrote

No one "blames" the gun. We don't "blame" the car for automotive deaths. We regulate automobile manufacturers, enforce the rules of the road, and license drivers.

pr1ap15m t1_j9g3uio wrote

i don’t know what that has to do with strokes and cardiovascular disease can you ILI5?

gewehr44 t1_j9d3sav wrote

Maine, Vermont & New Hampshire have the lowest murder rates in the country yet few gun laws.

https://mises.org/wire/theres-no-correlation-between-gun-ownership-mass-shootings-and-murder-rates

−6

mrjharder11 t1_j9d6z4a wrote

Your source says nothing on gun laws just that the aforementioned states have low murder rates and low ownership percentages. This data really speaks to the intersections of poverty, education and population density.

The population densities of all of the low murder rate states are pretty sparse. I mean they really like their guns in Montana and Wyoming but they are some of the least populous states. Massachusetts is really an outlier it's pretty crazy their murder rate is so low with so many urban areas. I wonder how they do it?

gewehr44 t1_j9dzjgr wrote

So you admit that there are factors other than gun control laws that are more likely to affect gun murders?

L-V-4-2-6 t1_j9f36vn wrote

It's amazing what happens when states actually focus on their communities and try to address the socioeconomic factors that are the real contributors to violence.

That said, MA has similar issues with juvenile crime like CT does, so there's still a lot of work to be done.There were a lot of assaults around South Station in Boston over the past year all carried out by kids.

https://www.boston.com/news/crime/2022/06/28/four-juveniles-charged-assault-south-station-adam-neufell-young-other/

L-V-4-2-6 t1_j9dc02i wrote

I think they were referring to the fact that those states specifically have what's called Constitutional carry.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Constitutional_carry

Edit: with that in mind, it stands to reason that there are more factors at play that contribute to violence than the presence, or lack thereof, of gun laws. On the reverse side of things, California has a laundry list of gun laws that include places like gun free zones, yet they were the site of several high profile shootings recently. And before someone mentions crossing over state lines to get guns, that is already a federal crime if you don't get an FFL involved.

slipperyrock4 t1_j9a9bzm wrote

Licensing of the purchase of foods, including a two feature deadly food ban. Features of a deadly food include: trans fats, high fructose corn syrup, sugar, salt, and being cooked with or otherwise incorporating the use oil including but not limited to vegetable.

Foods banned by name: Hostess Twinkies, Funny Bones, Chips, Mcdonald’s Cheeseburger, Oreos Cookies, Taco Bell Beefy Four Layer Burrito, and Popeyes Chicken Sandwich.

Foods made prior to September of 1994 are exempt from the aforementioned deadly food ban and can be transferred and possessed freely unless these food items are listed by name in the above section.

Doctors and nurses are exempt from this ban, supposing they can obtain an exemption letter from their Chief Medical Officer.

That should get rid of cardiovascular disease.

−9

mrjharder11 t1_j9adtzz wrote

Ok you can ban those foods by name in schools but not in the public realm. I'm guessing it's unconstitutional but even if not, that's a stack of lawsuits waiting to happen. Also if you're going to ban these there are many you have omitted that deserve consideration. People will notice the selectivity.

How about a tax on trans fats? Or just phase it out completely over time? The subsidized corn industry will never allow banning HFCS, but I like the idea of not subsidizing corn. The reason these foods are overconsumed is because the raw materials are cheap from taxpayer subsidies. Beef and pork - cheap from corn subsidies - also not very good for you I see these didn't make it into your list.

You're also dealing with a public that likes these foods. Politically unpalatable. Wouldn't it be more prudent to educate the public about diet and exercise? Policy making doesn't have to start and end with bans. Gun policy isn't all banning either. I personally don't like the fact that the state is in our homes telling us how we can store guns and ammo, but I also want to live in a place where gun violence is low. Absent, really, but not in the US, unfortunately.

Im assuming you're trying draw a parallel with gun bans but that's a false equivalence. Handguns are made for killing. Not for target practice, hand/eye coordination or recreational. They're made for killing people. People frequent McDonald's to eat. It may be a poor choice from a health standpoint, but they're doing it out of choice. People DO NOT go out in public to get shot by a crazy or get caught in crossfire.

slipperyrock4 t1_j9b5ncf wrote

It’s essentially the 2013 CT assault weapons ban but with food. I know it’s not a perfect comparison, but it’s a starter for the issues I personally have with this manner of reducing gun violence.

Regarding my (contrived) analogy: people do notice the selectivity. AR-15 style rifles are not banned in this state, they just have a $3000 price tag for being made before 1994. Ironically the target pistol used in the Olympics is an assault weapon and illegal under CT law.

Having destitute populations and readily available firearms and you will yield gun crimes. You take away the guns and all you’re left with is destitute people. Addressing the economic and social issues that drive people towards committing violent acts will prevent more of these acts long term. But it’s a lot harder to do this.

It’s not a fix to the issue. It’s aspirin for the side effects.

−7

mrjharder11 t1_j9bm9f7 wrote

"You take away the guns and all you’re left with is destitute people" You're proving my point. The presence of guns IS THE difference.

I'm with you on the guns with a destitute population argument but isn't that the point of gun safety? I mean there are destitute and crazy people all over the world, not just in the US. Despite the problems we face in CT and the US, there are plenty of countries that have a destitute population. The difference in most cases is their people don't have easy access to guns.

Yet here we have a representative body in DC that thinks we should just hand them out like candy. Unfettered access to lethal weapons if the NRA had it their way. An institution, by the way, that receives less than 5% of it's contributions from its 5 million individual members. Hmmm, wonder who's chipping in the other 95%??? Perhaps a small group of manufacturers that profit from fearful citizens arming up against fearful citizens who are simultaneously arming up.

Let's help the mentally ill get off the streets. Let's adopt a tax policy that pays to help people instead of sapping them of any extra wages. But until we solve the social issues, let's just keep the guns away from the people that don't need them.

As for the AR-15 I don't understand why people want these weapons. I get people want to plink and shoot boar down in Texas but what is the need for a firearm originally commissioned by the military to replace the M1 Garand with it's large capacity and rapid fire? It really shreds up bodies in a gruesome way. Why does anyone need access to this weapon or anything else like it? Please don't tell me about how it's just a rifle that looks scary. It has a recoil buffer in the stock and its super light weight. Perfect for keeping your sights on target through rapid fire. Great for large mammals like boars and humans.

I find it puzzling that people go hard for the second Amendment but when it comes to states rights it's like No Fuckin Way. There are plenty of states where you can purchase an AR with little resistance. Any US citizen can always move there and fire away. They may use imperfect calculus, but I am glad my Statehouse is making it hard for people to get a gun.

I'll end with the tired analogy of drivers licenses. Why can't you just go get a license at DMV on a whim? Why can't children drive? Why do younger people pay a much higher premium for insurance? For whatever reason we don't apply this logic to firearms.

pond_minnow t1_j9aohha wrote

> Handguns are made for killing. Not for target practice, hand/eye coordination or recreational.

Blows my mind y'all still try to make this argument

−9

NahImGoodThankYouTho t1_j9bk6bx wrote

Seriously! Especially after the very persuasive counter arguments such as “nuh uh” and “it’s fun”.

pond_minnow t1_j9g0az5 wrote

Yeah, no body goes shooting for sport! It's solely about killing!

What an anti-2A fruitcake, and y'all wonder why you aren't taken seriously

NahImGoodThankYouTho t1_j9g1ihq wrote

The first guns were not invented so people could have a fun hobby. They were designed to efficiently kill people and animals, and in the case of handguns, specifically people. The fact that people made a game of seeing who was the most accurate with their killing machine by shooting targets doesn't change that fact.

And the fact that you haven't figured out that that's what people mean when they say "Handguns are made for killing. Not for target practice, hand/eye coordination or recreational." is why you aren't taken seriously.

pond_minnow t1_j9gi5o9 wrote

At least ya finally acknowledged handguns can be shot competitively and for fun too

NahImGoodThankYouTho t1_j9gmgmn wrote

Is that what this about? This whole time, you thought that every time someone pointed out that guns are a tool designed for killing, they just didn't know that you have fun shooting your gun at a range? We're all aware.

pond_minnow t1_j9grl7e wrote

Plenty do in fact think that on Reddit. To those types guns only have one purpose and anyone saying otherwise must be in favor of killing children with their "murder toys". They are the worst kind of social media moron tbh, and there are far too many of them.

AhbabaOooMaoMao t1_j9cfm53 wrote

Food tastes good.

What redeeming benefit to society do guns offer?

RededHaid t1_j9a1ot2 wrote

"Everyone" doesn't agree with you, some do. Gun control doesn't get in the way of most people being able to have most guns. Letting anyone have any gun can fuck up a lot of lives.

And no law can prevent the boogie man.

1Bzi OP t1_j9unz1d wrote

> an fuck up a lot of lives. >

can almost what, lead to a free country, or at least it was at one time

RededHaid t1_j9uscmn wrote

Free by who’s definition? King George is gone.

Consistent-Flight-20 t1_j9agtli wrote

Mmmm.....my mother was murdered with a gun stolen from a gun store that they never reported. I don't agree with banning guns but I do believe in safe handling and following protocol.

gewehr44 t1_j9d3yh1 wrote

The gun store broke the law by not reporting it. ATF requires reports from FFLs on gun losses.

RoundPlum t1_j9ai84p wrote

Well having a law that says to people need to report guns that are stolen.... Obviously if people are not following the law then it still wouldn't have kept what happened from happening. That being said I'm so sorry for your loss.

Consistent-Flight-20 t1_j9aigmt wrote

I agree with you! I just mean I think some regulations and laws with guns are good and yes, best when followed. 😊

TreaclePerfect4328 t1_j9dyu9z wrote

We have 30k + gun laws on the books. Guns never hurt anyone. Idiots do..

−3

AdHistorical7107 t1_j9a1ih4 wrote

Awww. Someone else who needs mommy's milk.

I know you're complacent with the murder of children. Us smart, ethical, educated folk aren't. Go move to Florida or Texas. Heard it's really warm there

pond_minnow t1_j9aojtc wrote

> I know you're complacent with the murder of children.

Lmao

1Bzi OP t1_j9uo1r8 wrote

What the fuck do you think we're doing all over the world? You're complacent with that I guess...good on ya pal

AdHistorical7107 t1_j9vb4fo wrote

Do you need help paying for the airfare?

1Bzi OP t1_j9vm5si wrote

Yea, come deliver it to my hands, 06259 ✌️👋😂😂😂

1Bzi OP t1_j9vm9d5 wrote

My property is a 2nd amendment sanctuary 👋

AdHistorical7107 t1_j9y48bh wrote

Aww look at you! Typical republican who wants to oppress anyone who disagrees with them.

Way to go!

1Bzi OP t1_j9y9k8n wrote

Have a look in the mirr0ܡ today friend 😂✌️

brdoma1991 t1_j9b3bss wrote

Lol. Going with the mommy’s milk is really your only line eh guy? Super cringe, Freud would have a field day with you

−6

Viceversa10 t1_j9a48s9 wrote

>I know you're complacent with the murder of children

Yet you have no issues killing babies 🤣

−67

AdHistorical7107 t1_j9a4qzh wrote

Oh look! Another one who wants to control women! "You can't force me to wear a mask or get a vaccine, but you can force one to bear a child who was raped!"

FFS, hypocrisy at its best here.

Viceversa10 t1_j9a53y3 wrote

You seem like you enjoy making strawman arguments. Sorry I hit a sore spot for you. Maybe you should talk to one of your social workers.

−52

AdHistorical7107 t1_j9a5mwk wrote

Who was so inclined to insinuate the topic of abortion?

Do us all a favor. Grow some brains or get lost. Life's too short to deal with idiots like you....

negal36 t1_j9a69fw wrote

Gun control and abortion. Where's the correlation?

Viceversa10 t1_j9a6d5g wrote

Murder of children. One is bad one is good apparently.

−7

flatdanny t1_j9bqkoe wrote

>Murder of children.

Are you referring to Sandy Hook?

AdHistorical7107 t1_j9cvagj wrote

He's trying to tie abortion to mass shootings of children. It's what sick POS do. Quite disgusting imo

pond_minnow t1_j9gijay wrote

Say that in the next mass shooting thread where people bring up pro-lifers, be consistent

ParamedicCareful3840 t1_j9bvoce wrote

I just made a donation to planned parenthood in your “name” specifically for family planning. Where should I send the receipt?

Viceversa10 t1_j9bwoyt wrote

Thank you for donating to a cause you support.

You can post the receipt here on Reddit. I'll make sure to claim it on my taxes.

−2

ParamedicCareful3840 t1_j9bzju2 wrote

Unfortunately it’s not tax deductible, but thanks for helping a woman exercise her free choice you misogynist twit

Viceversa10 t1_j9c6xyq wrote

I'll make sure to pray for the baby. May he or she be born to a mother and father that will love them.

−1

ParamedicCareful3840 t1_j9c7t1o wrote

Your prayers to your made up sky BFF are sure to have an impact.

Also, not a baby.

Don’t like abortion, don’t get one. Support sex Ed and proper family planning, though you strike me as one of those really weird guys who goes to those creepy abstinence dances with his daughter

Viceversa10 t1_j9c8fdd wrote

I support proper sex education. I also support people taking responsibility and not killing a human.

A cell on Mars is life but a fetus is not?

ParamedicCareful3840 t1_j9caunb wrote

Never said it wasn’t life, but it’s not a baby. A baby has a distinct definition, which means born. Until viability the fetus is wholly dependent on the mother. If she chooses not to be a fetus incubator, that’s her choice.

After viability if the government wants to make laws (which is what Roe v Wade allowed for) fine with me. With 99 percent of abortions before viability and most abortions afterwards are when the life of the mother is threatened and/or there is no chance of survival like ectopic pregnancies, a minor issue in the scheme of things.

I may up my donation as you’re annoying

Viceversa10 t1_j9cigei wrote

If she didn't want to be an object like a fetus incubator like you said (lol at calling women objects, way to go) she should just close her legs or wear protection/the pill. All 3 of those options are free.

Life of mother, rape, incest. Those are the only reasons I would support an abortion.

Feel free to keep donating.

ParamedicCareful3840 t1_j9cm4lu wrote

Your vile misogyny is duly noted, now go run along and keep blaming women why you never get laid instead of looking in the mirror

flatdanny t1_j9bqd1l wrote

zygotes, not babies. But then, thats science, not religion.

Bur we always appreciate hearing from the party of small government, LOL.

Viceversa10 t1_j9bqkod wrote

Bacteria is life on Mars but a fetus is not. Fuck yeah science!

−4

EarthExile t1_j9afm9h wrote

Think of abortion as protecting private property. If someone's in your garage and you don't want them there, you can shoot them. Now imagine someone's up your ass without you wanting them there. Don't you have a right to remove them?

Viceversa10 t1_j9aip2j wrote

I have no words on the stupidity of your comment.

Thank you for the laugh you gave me 🤣🤣🤣

EarthExile t1_j9aozub wrote

What's stupid about it? Pregnancy kills a lot of people every year, especially in America as compared to most modern nations. Abortion as self defense is a perfectly reasonable case.

mkt853 t1_j9a2o6t wrote

Us "twits who really live in NYC metro" wouldn't complain about a split. We'd easily be the wealthiest state in the nation, and your side would become West Virginia, but hey at least you'd have guns right? This is why we need gun control because you'll literally shoot your eye out.

1Bzi OP t1_j9unv46 wrote

Keep ur $$ ya a$$h@t:)

B00ZE_TAN t1_j9b5gp2 wrote

Please don’t leave we need your hedgie teets

−3

Toroceratops t1_j9a72bm wrote

I have a better idea. How about you move to East Palestine, Ohio and enjoy the freedom.

1234nameuser t1_j9a44vq wrote

Bullshit - "Firearms are the Leading Cause of Death for Children in the United States"

Fun-Cockroach8339 t1_j9b3yos wrote

Just as a quick caveat, they count children as under 19, which is misleading. Also, most of those homicides are younger black males in poor neighborhoods who are killed with illegal handguns by other younger black males. More gun laws aren’t going to change that because the root cause is generational poverty.

−9

1234nameuser t1_j9bab1u wrote

>More gun laws aren’t going to change that because the root cause is generational poverty.

Let me put on my wellies here, cuz shits getting deep.

If you think intergenerational poverty is the specific reason a deep & vast black market of guns exist all across america's streets then we're not going to get anywhere.

I'm not retarded, I can see exactly what european countries have done to decrease the black market of weapons while keeping handguns accessible.

As a taxpayer, I don't appreciate that one single industry is allowed to waste so goddamn much of my tax money while they rack in the $$$. This industry makes Eversource CEO look like a pope.

I live in CT for a reason, because of tight gun regulations........I dont work my ass off to listen to gunshots every damn night like I had to in the 4th largest city in the US.

Fun-Cockroach8339 t1_j9bn71d wrote

You must live in the suburbs because gunshots are a daily occurrence in New Haven. Hartford had record (or close) homicides last year. Also, European countries don’t have the second (or first) amendments.

−1

redditor1101 t1_j9a7cgo wrote

If you're gonna quote something provide a source

−13

1234nameuser t1_j9a7uot wrote

google

edit: what kind of idiots downvote this? like me providing any single source (considering all the BS news sites out there) means anything when you have the entire internet a click away - WTF

−8

Sneaky-er t1_j9a4s8t wrote

Waste your time troll.

Time you can spend building up your game so you can find a nice girl/women/man so you won’t spend all your time alone or with your single parent who neglected you.

Talking to someone nice…. That’s your boogie man.

EarthExile t1_j9a4tm4 wrote

What's the big deal? I've been repeatedly assured that laws can't actually prevent people from getting their hands on weapons if they really want to. Just do that!

WellSeasonedUsername t1_j9aipd1 wrote

It’s illegal to drive drunk, have you ever even heard of a fatal drunk driving accident? Me neither!

−5

EarthExile t1_j9apbk5 wrote

Exactly, so who cares what the laws are? So stop bitching about gun control. It won't prevent whatever senseless violence you eventually decide to inflict.

WellSeasonedUsername t1_j9ar3fz wrote

Tell that to King Ned.

−6

EarthExile t1_j9asbb9 wrote

Oh, I don't believe it at all. Laws work. Drunk driving still happens, but less. People put effort into preventing, policing, and punishing it. People who might have driven drunk will reconsider because the law makes it a bigger risk.

When people claim that gun control won't reduce gun violence, they are wrong and they know it. They know it will make weapons less available and the associated death less common. If they really believed the laws would be ineffective, they wouldn't cry about the laws. They're just gun worshippers who don't like the idea of their faith being regulated.

There are no perfect solutions. But when we try, things get better.

WellSeasonedUsername t1_j9b8glf wrote

The people who commit gun violence aren’t concerned with the laws.

−6

EarthExile t1_j9b9qm9 wrote

Of course they are. Just imagine if Kyle Rittenhouse had had to acquire his hunting equipment on the black market.

WellSeasonedUsername t1_j9bbk2o wrote

Or imagine if Gaige Groesskreutz didn’t illegally carry a pistol to a protest without a permit (expired permit from another state)

EarthExile t1_j9bbtok wrote

I'm not familiar with that name, who did they kill?

WellSeasonedUsername t1_j9bc7tw wrote

They illegally brought a pistol to a peaceful protest and pointed it at Kyle. To which Kyle responded. If you wanna talk gun laws, why isn’t Gaige in jail for illegally carrying a pistol?

Also, anybody tell this guy it’s illegal to drive through parades?

EarthExile t1_j9bdlf8 wrote

That's odd. So the law abiding gun owner killed people, but the criminal didn't. You sure this is helping make your point?

WellSeasonedUsername t1_j9bee0s wrote

He shot a person who was illegally carrying after this person point a pistol at him. Timing and context is everything. That’s called self defense. We’ve all seen the videos and the trial. Gaige admitted to committing 3 felonies.

If Gaige had killed Kyle, how do you think that would look to your point?

It would be another criminal committing murder wouldn’t it?

Was Kyle a tool? Yes. A punk? Also yes. Should he have been there? Absolutely not. But don’t ignore the fact that Gaige was illegally carrying a pistol either. Laws are laws!

I know it’s a lot but the last 30 seconds of this will clear things up

flatdanny t1_j9bobtz wrote

> Gaige was illegally carrying a pistol

And child Mensa candidate Rottenhouse knew this how?

In the eyes of the participants each"good guy with a gun" thought they were stopping a bad guy with a gun.

Why? because both civilians had guns on the street.

Mobile-Animal-649 t1_j9a4c28 wrote

If you do t have a gun, your life is going to be fucked up?

BeesOnBlow t1_j9a0y73 wrote

Even if it's not a top reason, that doesn't mean that something shouldn't be done about it, if only to lead the way and demonstrate our values.

1Bzi OP t1_j9uo6tg wrote

All this 'leading' the way is making us the biggest losers in New England. Where else can't ya get a Tesla around here? Only in Neddie's cronny state my friend

_xXmyusernameXx_ t1_j9c4cp7 wrote

Wanna know what can really fuck up someones life? Getting shot.

asshat_deluxe t1_j9d4649 wrote

This dude is lost. Go to Parler or whatever trash site you nuts use.

1Bzi OP t1_j9qjt1s wrote

I’m here, been since digg u lil bitch, fuck off outta my thread if u don’t like it friend 😂👋

1Bzi OP t1_j9qjvqg wrote

Why did I respond to an asshat 😂😂😂😂😂

asshat_deluxe t1_j9qlunu wrote

Ha ha. The idea of splitting the state over guns is childish. If you do t see guns as a worthy problem you must be a Fox News sheep. It’s a public thread you wanker. Don’t post if you can’t take someone’s alternative opinion. And yeah I own guns ant act responsibly with then but too many do not.

ParamedicCareful3840 t1_j9bv8pq wrote

You would be better served on the conservative subreddit gun fetishist

PendingPolymath t1_j9cwtqf wrote

I don't own a gun. Other people owning guns does nothing but make the world less safe for me, a non gun owner. I would be safest if all guns were outright banned, collected, and destroyed. This is very simple and easy to follow logic. Most people are not gun owners.

hawkman_jr t1_j9dfwb7 wrote

Where were you when those kids got shot, hero?

comish4lif t1_j9bqx7l wrote

What is the top 10/20 causes of death in CT?

What is preventable about those causes? And what are people doing to address those causes?

And if gun deaths are preventable, what can we do together to prevent them?

L1Wayas t1_j9c7a5t wrote

Are we getting a snow day or Wednesday or not? Give it to me straight Doc, I can handle the truth.

AhbabaOooMaoMao t1_j9cfi6r wrote

Typical dumb conservative with a useless post.

HighJeanette t1_j9coi0g wrote

What a well thought out and expertly presented post. 🙄

cb020429 t1_j9d7tjc wrote

He’s trolling; he can’t be that stupid.

MulberryOk9853 t1_j9fk68l wrote

No civilian needs access to military grade weapons. The children of Sandy Hook mean nothing to you. If you don’t like the laws, move.

1Bzi OP t1_j9jc8m2 wrote

Do the kids we’ve killed overseas and here mean anything 2 you? The AR-15 was developed in the 50’s-60’s. You think that’s still modern warfare tech you dolt? Bullets been around for ever and the mental health aspect of sandy hook is way more important than what tool was used dont ya think or are you too stupid to see even that 😂

1Bzi OP t1_j9jcd8o wrote

And if you wanna make me move come over to my 2fa sanctuary in Pomfret Center, CT 06259. Will even put some tea on for ya if you really wanna come over and discuss the issues. Will even live stream it unless you’re bitchmade mate ✌️👋🤷🏻‍♂️👌🏽

MulberryOk9853 t1_j9kcg8s wrote

Proving my point, maladjusted people with guns should be criminalized. You are triggered so easily by opinions and feel so brave behind your guns. You live an in alternate reality and your manhood is solely based on the weapons you own. Mentally inept.

1Bzi OP t1_j9qjia9 wrote

I don’t have a gun friend and you’re the dolt who’s triggered, come on up to pomfret and let’s have a discussion about it 👋🏿👍✌️

Ds87878 t1_j9h6e63 wrote

Don’t tell people that being fat is way more likely to kill you than a gun. That means they’re responsible and they can’t handle that.

1Bzi OP t1_j9ja966 wrote

Fat, cars, sooooo many bigger killers, let’s keep the idiots happy tho and tell them it’s about 2nd amendment!

Amazing_Dimension281 t1_j9b4wrw wrote

You can enact tighter regulations, background checks etc.. Bottom line is if someone is hell bent on inflicting harm on another person they will find a way to do it!! Whether it be with a stolen gun, a knife, hammer, or use their car to run someone over. The problem is not guns, knives, hammers, cars etc. it’s 100% a mental health issue. Guns are not the issue!! I’m not even a gun owner!!

−6

mrjharder11 t1_j9bovc1 wrote

Ok but you can't reload a knife or a hammer. You can't launch a car in multiple directions at supersonic speeds. The argument that people kill people and not guns is pretty lame. Knives and hammers have a specific use and it's not the one handguns we're designed for, correct? Wasn't the revolver invented so calvary men could shoot six times instead of once before reloading?

What is missing from your eloquent pastiche is that guns are a force multiplier. How would Sandy Hook have gone if only knives and hammers were used? Pulse nightclub? That psycho in Las Vegas would have had to go down into the crowd and actually looked people in the eye before stabbing them, and before getting pounded into the ground. Instead he pussied out with a bump stock from afar.

It's easier, cheaper and more efficient to stop access to guns then it is to wave a wand and make crazy people go away. So yeah, guns are as much of the issue as the mental health part.

flatdanny t1_j9bne22 wrote

Most gun crimes are not committed by mentally ill people. Why do you gun fetishists always trot out the same old disproven tropes.

AdHistorical7107 t1_j9y4fv3 wrote

This is funny. When uvalde happened, the GOP was so adamant about pushing this mentally ill rhetoric. Now that doesn't seem to be the case...

Wow pro 2a folk really aren't that consistent.... but not shocking

perkypant t1_j9g4sm4 wrote

if you can shoot innocent people you have a fckin mental disorder wtf lol you have to be crazy to be able to do that or no?

bdy435 t1_j9h7z74 wrote

Sounds like quitting school in 8th grade isnt working out for you.