Comments

You must log in or register to comment.

rmarocksanne t1_j3oil8n wrote

The American SW has some of the best most descriptive freaking place names ever.

Ill_Silva t1_j3pz4bw wrote

Not if you know why they have those names.

tedyasso t1_j3r1xst wrote

Seriously. Who the fuck do they think got massacred, their friends in a video game? smdh

tedyasso t1_j3r1zec wrote

Yeah, genocide is fucking amazing, right? ^(/s)

nullyvoids t1_j3p2e0b wrote

Beautiful! ...but what's on that rock (middle-right)?

Monkeys?

Who-is-Pepe-Silvia t1_j3ser6a wrote

They might be coati. I've not seen any wild monkeys here and that would be the closest thing to a monkey I can think of. But I'm not an expert. Maybe there's some crazy rare species here.

AutoModerator t1_j3odcqa wrote

Hi rainforestguru! Dont worry, this message does not mean that your post is removed. This is a reminder to quickly check your post to make sure it doesnt break any of our rules. Human moderators check the following --

Thanks!

I am a bot, and this action was performed automatically. Please contact the moderators of this subreddit if you have any questions or concerns.

Ok_Associate_1042 t1_j3pe550 wrote

The American West has some of the coolest fucking name for places

Amir85004 t1_j3puwtv wrote

I love those mountains so much

rainforestguru OP t1_j3wk1tt wrote

Same. Just did another hike in it yesterday. I’ll post today soem pics 🙃

RolletRogue t1_j3qjvxe wrote

Why was it named like that? Was there a secret genocide event that happened?

dystopiate666 t1_j3rt5g4 wrote

Not much about the genocide of the native Americans was kept very secret. Military campaigns were heralded as not only necessary, but desirable to further western expansion. No shame at all, and the worst is we are STILL sitting by and watching the last remaining natives fight through poverty and discriminating social constructs to preserve what is left of their cultures.

jarentrux t1_j3seqe3 wrote

It is where frodo and sam hide from nazgul

forgot_username1234 t1_j3zsvkc wrote

Planning to try and go here this weekend after seeing this picture, good job op!