Comments

You must log in or register to comment.

mindingtheyakkha t1_j2dr0cg wrote

Water, which is taken for granted in many areas, has already become a reason for war. We take clean water for granted. In my county, in Florida Nestle is continuously given rights to our springs, though all indications point to a lower water table, habitat destruction and of course plastic pollution since they bottle our water to sell back to us.

wisenedwighter t1_j2drni7 wrote

Az gives water to Saudi owned farms.

95castles t1_j2duoe2 wrote

Yeah they’re specifically draining one of Arizona’s aquifers. The water levels are low enough now that all the small farmers in the area can’t access the water because their wells aren’t deep enough. The slight good news is that the aquifer they’re draining is generally not used by civilians. But that’s water that we will probably need in the future.

(Bigger picture, 70+% of AZ’s water usage is by the agriculture industry as a whole, it provides less than 5% of AZ’s GDP now. Therefore, I am against a majority of crops being grown in Arizona at a large scale.)

spiralout1123 t1_j2dw1a7 wrote

Meanwhile, water scarcity is a massive problem here in AZ

95castles t1_j2dwhxk wrote

Yup, born and raised here. I love farmers, but we cannot be wasting our water on large scale outdoor farms anymore.

Larkson9999 t1_j2dz90z wrote

If you really want to combat water waste in Arizona, ban grass lawns. 90% of the water poured on them evaporates and the lawn serves zero function beyond vanity.

informativebitching t1_j2du2qw wrote

I think we can take nestle

mindingtheyakkha t1_j2e0xj5 wrote

We tried in the 2018 primary and we lost. But all signs point to winning in court. I hope its achieved before the natural springs, which people move here for, are lost to greed (and the profound ignorance of voters voting against their own well being).

zjustice11 t1_j2e1urc wrote

This is one of the reasons I left Austin. The water wars are coming.

Dizzyeer t1_j2dt01z wrote

Not a reason for war, but in some geographical areas of the country it will be a problem. But that’s also what happens when you build expansive cities in deserts lol

leonidganzha t1_j2dnvt9 wrote

Good coffee, agricultural plants especially affected by global warming

MrGritty17 t1_j2dssw5 wrote

Chocolate and tequila too

pixievixie t1_j2dze6w wrote

Why tequila though? It is particularly suited to pretty warm and dry climates, at least for most of the year. The biggest thing the tequila farmers have to worry about is specific specs on the soil to even qualify to be tequila growers. Of course, once planted, there can be other issues, but tequila agave isn't exactly all dying because of dry weather

MrGritty17 t1_j2e48n0 wrote

Well, no it’s not in grave danger right now, but the only place agave can be successfully grown and cultivated is Mexico. An already hot climate is just gonna get worse. It also takes several years for it to mature enough to be harvested. One small break in the chain can have lasting effects for years

pixievixie t1_j2e6wvj wrote

The only place tequila agave can be grown is in very specific areas of Mexico. Anywhere else and it's not actually allowed to be labeled as tequila. But I just don't believe that it will be as impacted by hot, dry weather as other things. Source: my husband grows tequila agave in Jalisco and I've spent more time there among the agave, actually helping to fertilize and check health of the plants with him, than most internet people, other than those from Jalisco, of course

HToTD t1_j2dqe0w wrote

The rise of indoor hydroponic coffee

Soruze t1_j2dr0cd wrote

Maybe by 2100. But not by 2050.

Soruze t1_j2duy35 wrote

Climate change predictions have been wrong since they started. Look at where people in power are buying land. Obama pushed climate change then invested in ocean front property. Property that should disappear based on the climate science he pushes.

−14

Kironos t1_j2dww5p wrote

I feel like people are slowly understanding that science in general is not what we wished it to be. It's often wrong and there are often GrOuNdBrEaKiNg findings that contradict each other

flannyo t1_j2dzomz wrote

remember this comment in 2040

Soruze t1_j2ew7sv wrote

I will put a reminder in for 2040 and when we get the notification sitting on the same beach in Hawaii that we visited on our honeymoon, my wife and I will laugh.

Penguin-Loves t1_j2dpwub wrote

I remember when going to a movie cost $5.25. and $2.00 each for large popcorn and soda with one free refill each. Movie for under $10.00.

A single ticket at the theater near me now costs $21.00 same for large soda and popcorn.

Went from $10.00 goddamn dollars to $42.00 in less than 15 years. I am flabbergasted that anyone has willingly paid to go see a movie in the last ten years.

BaconReceptacle t1_j2dqp3j wrote

I saw the Force Awakens in theaters a few years ago. That's the only time I have been to a theater in the last 15 years. And yes, I had buyers remorse because I brought my wife and three sons so it was over $100 to see something we could have just rented a few weeks later.

DSPbuckle t1_j2e06rl wrote

Wow! A nice dinner and a movie at home sounds much nicer. I don’t have kids but I feel for you. I never considered the cost to take the family out for fun.

ichuck1984 t1_j2drc7s wrote

Avatar is $10.25 a ticket at my local nearly brand new 30 screen mega theater. $12.69 for AMC and MJR.

informativebitching t1_j2du9ha wrote

Check out your local independent film maker. Different experience for sure but they appreciate the support

alpacasb4llamas t1_j2duv6l wrote

I have the regal pass so I get unlimited movies for 20 bucks a month

mchistory21st t1_j2dy20e wrote

Plus too many people don't know how to behave in public. They seem to forget where they are and act like they're still at home. No situational awareness or courtesy at all.

Msktb t1_j2dy7dp wrote

I go to the movies maybe once or twice a year, if friends invite me, and I bring my own snacks in my purse. It's no longer a casual thing to do on the weekends anymore, because (and I just checked my nearby theater's pricing) for a couple it's easily $70 with snacks and drinks. For that we could go get dinner at a nice restaurant or get an excellent bottle of wine and torrent something at home. There also haven't been many movies out that interest me lately. I think the last new movie I saw in theaters and really enjoyed was Dune, and recently they screened Spirited Away which was cool to watch on the big screen. There's just so many other things I'd rather spend $70 on.

Tato7069 t1_j2drbtm wrote

I mean, that's because nobody goes to the movies. Gotta cover costs

ClintTurtle t1_j2dxn7x wrote

But ... if it was less expensive, more people would go.

Tato7069 t1_j2e1bn7 wrote

I wouldn't go to the movies if it was free... Not that everybody thinks like that, but a lot do. I can watch a million movies on my comfortable couch, without a bunch of people talking, can pause it if I want to, etc.

7ECA t1_j2dyvdy wrote

Watching movies at theatres will be virtually gone by 2030. Streaming will be dominant, new devices that make watching them will abound, another Covid-like outbreak will stop casual gatherings and the cost structure for supporting theatres will be untenable

-Ok-Perception- t1_j2dqlei wrote

Lobster and crab.

Not necessarily cheap today, but within the range of the normal working man (to have on occasion, not every night obviously).

Both lobster and crab are declining sharply from over-harvesting and climate change.

​

There's a number of fish as well that are becoming seriously overfished so the price will go insane and/or they will become very hard to find. Last I checked, the season for orange roughy is literally down to just two days per year to compensate for how over-harvested it is.

CWalston108 t1_j2drceh wrote

Yep. Snow crab legs was going to be my answer. Their populations have absolutely plummeted

lylisdad t1_j2dutq4 wrote

Which is also ironic because originally only the poor ate lobster because they were seen as basically giant cockroaches. Now the poor can't afford it and the rich see it as a delicacy!

Infamous_Row_5677 t1_j2fbjjn wrote

Not only the poor ate lobsters. Everyone did. They were just so cheap back then because there were so many of them, that's why they fed them to inmates. It was considered cheap but good food.

AugustusClaximus t1_j2duhpw wrote

I think most fish would be prohibitively expensive today if it weren’t heavily subsidized.

orangeslices44 t1_j2e1ym0 wrote

lol vegans have said to leave the fish crab lobster alone but here we are..

chaoticsquid t1_j2dpp7i wrote

In comparison to what I'm expecting it to be in 2030, the cost of living is cheap.

Daktic t1_j2duqo0 wrote

This depends entirely on how much housing is built. My area has a ton of projects under development, hopefully it is enough.

TH_Rocks t1_j2dw0d2 wrote

They build only enough to keep it expensive. If the price goes down, the building immediately stops.

Daktic t1_j2emd8v wrote

This is why government building subsidies are so important.

_iOS t1_j2dpvx2 wrote

Clean Drinkable Water and Energy (gas, electricity)

Chrontius t1_j2e2n6e wrote

Real Water™! Still only 99 euro a gallon!

sardoodledom_autism t1_j2dr56l wrote

Housing - decent sized single family home on a 1/4 acre of land made out of materials that won’t fall apart. I’m watching houses right now built in the 2005-2008 housing bubble absolutely need to be gutted because all of the cheap materials are toxic or ruined. It costs as much to renovate these homes as it did to build them

Edit: my point in builders are over building again using the cheapest shit possible

vidgamerjon t1_j2dsjek wrote

I can believe this. I completely remodeled my house in '14. Paying out the ass for it. And it's falling apart. I should've left it like it was in the 70s and I'd be fine.

sardoodledom_autism t1_j2dwadq wrote

It blows my mind that houses built 15 years ago are falling apart while houses built 50 years ago look like new.

And guess which ones we tear down first ?

SoundVU t1_j2dwbez wrote

A fourth of an acre of land. Hahaha.

cries in Californian

Skyblacker t1_j2drqe0 wrote

Not according to r/REBubble

−1

Dizzyeer t1_j2dtdzb wrote

That sub is about a bubble popping tho, specifically short term housing trends

Skyblacker t1_j2due1g wrote

It also touches on longer trends like demographics. Baby Boomers dying off and Millennials having less children is going to affect housing supply and demand for the next generation.

mchistory21st t1_j2dyfyv wrote

And housing speculation. Not just flippers, but equity companies buying large numbers of homes to turn them into rental properties.

Skyblacker t1_j2e0em8 wrote

Those companies are dumping properties as we speak. In a bubble, speculators are the last in and first out.

salutbobby OP t1_j2dks2u wrote

specially in construction / dwelling (rarefaction of this type of materials, lack of know-how, etc.)

bdd6911 t1_j2dq3pm wrote

Housing should be high on this list. We’ve continually moved in the wrong direction on this versus income, to where now spending 50% of income on rent is somewhat a normal thing. Atrocious.

DonaldtrumpV2 t1_j2dsc35 wrote

Idk maybe ted was right about the Industrial Revolution and its consequences being a disaster for the human race

kytheon t1_j2do78e wrote

MAGA hats. They'll be hard to come by in 2030 and for good reason.

normal_fridge t1_j2doghv wrote

I'll be happy to see "real" meat becoming more expensive as synthetic meat becomes cheaper

ComradeOmarova t1_j2dp2hj wrote

Ah, because humanity has such a great track record of inventing artificial foods that are “healthy” for us in the long run…

NikiLauda88 t1_j2dprw2 wrote

Yes, industrial meat is soooooooo healthy. Thanks for the reminder

Cough cough ass cancer cough environmental disaster cough cough animal cruelty cough

−1

ComradeOmarova t1_j2dq681 wrote

This isn’t a binary choice of “poorly raised real meat vs synthetic meat”. There are sustainable ways to raise and grow meat (just like any living thing on the planet) and we should continue innovating towards sustainability.

NikiLauda88 t1_j2dr20s wrote

Sustainably raised meat would go to OP’s point >> highly priced meat. 99%+ of meat consumed is not currently raised sustainably.

InsaneTechnomancer t1_j2dpyny wrote

I'm excited for synthetic meat. Not only because we don't have to keep killing animals, but also because farmed meat's impact on greenhouse gasses.

RatKing20786 t1_j2dqq20 wrote

Do you mean synthetic meat as in lab grown muscle tissue, or as in the impossible burger stuff? I honestly have a hard time seeing either of those business models scaling up enough in the next ten years to make them more affordable than actual meat from an animal.

Rabbit1015 t1_j2dymy5 wrote

I read somewhere that the lab grown tissue was 10 years ago something insane like 1 million a burger to produce. By now it has lowered to 10 dollars a burger. Still not realistic as companies have to make a profit to make them switch but it gives me hope that when it can be made cheaper then regular meat then we will see it on the dollar menu.

Chrontius t1_j2e3aq7 wrote

Whatever the fuck it is, it needs to be gluten free.

Avery_Thorn t1_j2dvck7 wrote

2030 is in 7 years, people. 7 years.

Massive shifts are not going to happen, or more importantly, unlikely to be forseen.

For example, gas. I think we all know what is going to happen with gas: first, it will become cheaper, as demand falls due to electrical vehicles, but the oil companies will continue to produce using existing refineries, which will slightly oversupply the market, bringing prices down a bit. The oil companies will also do this to reduce the switch to electric vehicles.

However, at some point, the refinery plants will start deteriorating, and will either become uneconomical to run or require significant reinvestment, which the oil companies will not do, which will re-constrain the availability of gas, which will drive prices up, until eventually gas will be in such low demand that it is primarily a curiosity, not easily available, and it will mostly be the domain of hobbyists for operating antique vehicles for parades and joy rides, not actual transportation. (I wouldn't be surprised if a lot of hobbyists convert their gas vehicles to run on ethanol, which will be much easier and cheaper to get.)

At that point, most vehicles used for day-to-day transportation will be electrical; potentially with hydrogen also thrown into the mix.

But there is no way this happens by 2030. By 2030, in the USA, most vehicles on the road will still be gas. You might start seeing gas prices softening a bit more than normal by then as demand falls, but probably just the beginnings of it.

About the only thing that I know of... there is a good chance that by 2030, the Cavendish banana will be functionally extinct as the primary banana cultivar. You will be able to buy "a banana", probably for about the same price as currently, but it won't be a Cavendish banana, it will likely be a Goldfinger Banana or a different cultivar. Getting a Cavendish banana will be expensive, to the point where the humor in the phrase "It's a banana Michael, how much could it cost, $10?" would be lost.

halbritt t1_j2dxsjz wrote

>2030 is in 7 years, people. 7 years.
>
>Massive shifts are not going to happen, or more importantly, unlikely to be forseen.

Many people are suggesting that China will implode within that timeframe and cease to be a nation that manufactures and exports goods cheaply, which is likely to have a huge impact to cost of living in the US.

Outside of China, there are other countries facing a similar population implosion, but are maybe not carrying so much debt. Regardless, it may be difficult to continue importing cheap semiconductors from places like South Korea, which may have a significant impact on the cost of computing devices to which we've all become accustomed to using.

Zetavu t1_j2dw32e wrote

Crab legs, lots of seafood, some already too expensive today, near impossible to find in 7 years. Many meet and vegetable products (I'm looking at you banana) will be harder to come by, and eventually we lose coffee.

Raspberry Pi's, or cheap PC's unless they are linux, Windows 11+ will require more expensive hardware, and with element shortages these will get more expensive.

Owning property, we'll be in a lease situation moving forward, ownership will be corporate controlled as will the government.

Retirement, if savings and stock returns collapse so will 401k funds and the taxes required to maintain social security will likewise be unsustainable, that will eventually be transferred into a cash balance fund to pay back existing investors and future contributions will cease. Just need one republican controlled government that is willing to bypass the filibuster and SS is dead.

Vacations, or at least choice. There will come a time where everything will require a time share, be it cruises or travel. Airfare will be too expensive for most eventually, and car use will get taxed per mile someday. This assumes you are permitted to get time off.

Home insurance, specifically in coastal areas. Florida will lead by example, eventually you will have to keep a cash balance on a house for damages to cover a mortgage, and eventually that will get replaced by a lease (see above)

Medical treatment - one day insurance will be given back the freedom to reject pre-existing conditions, sentencing thousands of poor with expensive conditions to suffer and die, but reducing premiums by pennies for healthy people, so we get that.

Children - or not children, costs to reproduce will be too much, specifically with lower fertility and more expensive fertility treatment, and the opposite, cost to get abortions or birth control will go up and be attacked by people who can never get pregnant.

Happy New Year everyone!

Hohumbumdum t1_j2evpu4 wrote

Would be nice if you provided your reasoning for these points!

joeyfine t1_j2dpz21 wrote

Corn, wheat, any vegetables really. Well all be eating processed cheap food and anything grown will be for the wealthy.

bfletch38 t1_j2dsxrj wrote

Already headed that way when you look at some of the "food deserts". Some kids in those areas honestly don't eat a fruit or vegetable in a day.

Legal-Cry1270 t1_j2dros5 wrote

Eggs, meat/poultry, Plants/seeds, clean water, produce, coffee, cotton, animal feed/food, intercontinental travel, new vehicles, building materials, gasoline, natural gas, lithium ion batteries, appliances, new furniture. Whatever you want to add is probably correct.

Deluc02 t1_j2dokyu wrote

I think in a few decades cars will be a luxury because manufacturing and fuel will be too expensive…

Toadlips72 t1_j2dp2wi wrote

Yep, came here to say this. I think we'll be moving toward walking, public transportation, bicycles and mopeds in the United States, like other countries where automobiles are out of reach for the common folks.

−3

blueskieslemontrees t1_j2dpjw6 wrote

But with the exception of a few choice mega cities, you literally cannot get around (school, work. Doctor appointments, grocery shopping) without a car at all. Numerous visitors to the US have attempted walking to scoff "those lazy Americans" and about a block and a half in turn around and give up because its a fatal mistake. Quite literally. Pedestrians are not safe at all woth how our entire infrastructure is built. You would have to etch a sketch end the entire system and start over. And where will everyone live for those 20 or so odd year ls when there is nowhere to live or be when everything is tore up?

RatKing20786 t1_j2dszl7 wrote

You hit the nail on the head. The vast majority of the country is not able to be traveled in anything resembling an efficient fashion. I live in a county where there's no medical care of any kind outside one city. There's a few grocery stores with really limited provisions kicking around, but you have to go that city to go shopping for anything else, and it's about 50 miles away. Public transportation is a pipe dream, since the odds of anyone building 50 miles of high speed railway or doing several round trip bus routes per day to service a few hundred people, who are scattered over about 60 square miles are pretty much nonexistent. And proximity aside, in the winter, travel on foot or bicycle is pretty much a non-option due to snow and temperatures.

​

I think there's a huge market for simple cars, that don't have staggering amounts of unnecessary "luxury" BS packed into them that isn't even optional. The newest car I've ever had was a 2003, and I'll keep it like that as long as I can. Sure, it's cool to have an electronic paddle shifting, keyless start, traction controlled, automatically braking, car that can take voice commands and wirelessly sync to phone, but it's not worth $80,000 to me to buy it, and the cost of maintaining all that crap is huge. If somebody still made a simple vehicle with no frills, just a simple, tried and true piece of machinery, it would cost a fraction of new vehicles today, and I think there would be a ton of people who would buy it. Whether or not that'll happen, I don't know, but it's an option.

regisphilbin222 t1_j2drvga wrote

I’m hoping for a major infrastructure and planning reform to really kick off soon. We designed ourselves into a car mess, no reason why we can’t design ourselves out

Toadlips72 t1_j2dz94a wrote

For those who downvoted, check my reply again 10, 15, and 20 years to see if I am right. That's where we're headed, like it or not. I'm not saying that infrastructure is there -- because it certainly isn't where I live. What I'm saying is that the cost of transportation is rising rapidly, and cars are quickly becoming too expensive for regular people. I predict a lot of pain for us related to transportation in the next decade or two.

yaboi2016 t1_j2e9h9f wrote

I don't disagree that we're heading that way, but the OP asks for 2030, and I think these changes are unlikely to be impactful on the average american within the next 7 years

Toadlips72 t1_j2ebwtr wrote

The text I was replying to said "I think in a few decades cars will be a luxury". I was not replying to the OP.

definitivelydevilish t1_j2droyh wrote

Everything. Inflation will continue to rise because modern monetary policy is shit because the ending goal of the banking cartels is for you to own nothing and have the wealth of your labour extracted until you die.

vftgurl123 t1_j2dpp8m wrote

i think my automatic litter robot. people will want more of these things and with the demand so high we will get a saturated market or at least one company that holds leading sales for a lesser price

MyDogAteMyUsernames t1_j2dtkac wrote

Cheese, I dunno why but the price of cheese has been slowly climbing for as long as I can remember

rediKELous t1_j2dvt0h wrote

I’m still not sure why helium balloons aren’t way more expensive. I imagine by 2030, the price will catch up to the element’s scarcity.

Chrontius t1_j2e3l60 wrote

I sure fucking hope so. We're also going to need high-temperature superconductors to replace current MRI machines, which are going to become stranded assets when required liquid helium supplies dry up, which they will if we keep squandering the stuff.

fanglazy t1_j2e6816 wrote

Today I leaned that helium is a non renewable resource typically found in natural gas deposits and is used for way more vital things than balloons.

https://www.blm.gov/programs/energy-and-minerals/helium/about-helium#:~:text=Where%20does%20helium%20come%20from,0.3%20percent%20and%202.7%20percent).

Chrontius t1_j2e93d6 wrote

Got it in one. It's also a pretty vital consumable in most every high-performance rocket; it's literally the only pressurant suitable for liquid hydrogen that isn't hydrogen itself.

Initialised t1_j2dxbiz wrote

Fossil Fuel, (and therefore transport) by 2030 all subsidies will be gone, globally we will have stopped exploiting new resources in favour of solar energy. There may be niche areas where using solar to make synthetic fuels make sense but biofuel means farming for fuel instead of food.

As we move to a world where transportation isn’t powered by cheap dirty fuel the economics of mass production will change and redistribute making localised recycling necessary to avoid the massive energy, environmental and pollution cost of digging up and transporting new raw materials.

Another side effect is the daily mass migration we call commuting will be much smaller, leaving more town centre buildings vacant.

As a result more and more stuff will be produced much closer to the point of use than it is now. with food in vertical farms, (in those now empty offices). 3D Printing and Rapid Prototyping will be used for machine parts, you might actually be able to download a car rather than having it shipped around the globe.

sncrdn t1_j2dqjra wrote

Bananas, most will get wiped out by a disease that is unstoppable once it takes root… I guess we’ll still have plantains though gif

Wise-Yogurtcloset646 t1_j2dslln wrote

Meat from animals. That will be a luxury or uncommon product by then.

MarcRocket t1_j2dxsaz wrote

I expect these prices will rise but it will be 20-40 years before ground beef & chicken will be a luxury. Factory farming has too much political pull.

Kazureigh_Black t1_j2dvfzp wrote

Air. Oxygen Bars are already a thing and haven't been laughed into oblivion so people are paying to breathe clean air.

ThoughtfulPoster t1_j2dvt88 wrote

Grain. Both Sulphur and Nitrogen fertilizer are being taken off the market by crises throughout Asia (Russia's wars of expansion and Chinese collapse). Food is about to get pricy in most places.

passingconcierge t1_j2dx9el wrote

Anything managed by software. Software subscription models are going to kill innovation.

Graycy t1_j2dxggm wrote

Tickets were cheap when i worked to the cinema for 50 cents an hour. The manager chased after us “candy girls” as we were called. I walked out on my good job when he suggested I sit in his lap for job favors. Nowadays I’d say “me too” about my job in the movie industry, except I was smart enough to get away from the old perv who managed the theater. I don’t know why I didn’t out him. I still don’t care to go to movies.

[deleted] t1_j2dmsik wrote

[removed]

Turtururu t1_j2dnbjx wrote

When lab grown meat will replace animal farms, just by being much cheaper, economics of scale will be undone for real meat and price will go much higher. Only affordable for someone rich, with no real benefits, other than in your head

umberTO89 t1_j2dvia0 wrote

Espresso in Italy, since they don't Want to pay It more than 1€ gif

Eqjim t1_j2dxhs1 wrote

I don't know about unaffordable, but I go with Helium.

shucksme t1_j2dymao wrote

Helium. In seven years, we will be in the deep end of the supply. Currently it's hard to find for balloons. In the state of Maryland, very few private businesses have it and is almost exclusively used in medical settings. It's a HUGE problem that's ready to burst.

grumpvet87 t1_j2dyobe wrote

helium - we are waisting it on balloons and it has huge implications for our future

P_E_N_M_A_N t1_j2dzs9x wrote

Fresh seafood. I regularly eat high quality fish from the chores of my own country now, when I'm old and grey those fish will be a myth.

_BlueFire_ t1_j2dzssy wrote

Depending on "cheap" and "unaffordable" it may be a lot of things.

Cocoa will likely cost much more and will be less accessible, but depending on the climate situation and governments' policies we could begin to see beef price rise significantly (due, for example, to higher taxation on products which produces higher emissions)

DSPbuckle t1_j2e01jx wrote

Subaru WRX STI unmodified with the EJ25 engine.

Since the introduction of the FA engines the EJ25 is slowly being phased out as seen in the WRX and the 2.4L variants. In 2030 it will be near its end of life with new regulations requiring all new cars to be hybrid or fully electric. Also the new body style sucks and is progressively getting uglier.

Frogoker t1_j2e0al3 wrote

I'd say just life in general lol. Fuel prices will keep going up, along with food, housing, toys, everything gets more refined and more electronics packed into it

adamtheskill t1_j2e0das wrote

While land isn't exactly cheap today it's probably only going to keep getting more expensive.

00tiptoe t1_j2e3ckz wrote

Drinking water: pollution

Be nice to Michigan y'all

Heron-Repulsive t1_j2dtsno wrote

Real Meat.

So many conversations about how cows are destroying the planet and how by eating cows we are pushing the earth to it's limits.

Plus I can grow vegetables where it is a bit more involved to raise a cow.

EddieG11 t1_j2dqevs wrote

The iphone will always be affordable to these robots

−1

BaconReceptacle t1_j2dr138 wrote

Electric cars. They are already expensive but the way the government and media is pushing them on the market, they are going to be too pricey for most people by 2030.

−4

The_4th_Little_Pig t1_j2dribg wrote

No, once production picks up they will be more affordable. I think the opposite will happen.

tealcosmo t1_j2dsd0w wrote

Yea. They are far easier to make than gasoline cars. Mass production will bring them down.

muttmunchies t1_j2dyep1 wrote

True, but some raw material could constrain supply unless they figure out new battery types. Think cobalt and lithium supply constraints. But overall I agree prices should come down, not go up.