Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

icest0 t1_j1v636g wrote

Reply to comment by TDaltonC in art future by nickmakr

>Is the future of digital ownership record keeping blockchain based? Yes

lol no.

TDaltonC t1_j1v7vpe wrote

If you were designing a public ownership registry from scratch today, what technology would you use for settlement and clearance if not blockchain? You a fan of graphite on tree pulp?

icest0 t1_j1vaw3y wrote

What is this, a system design interviews?

I'm not sure what I would use for it to be optimal, but I definitely wouldn't use blockchain simply because it wouldn't be practically at all.

Says a person made a mistake while they're inputting the data to the blockchain. How are you going to change it? it's inevitable that someone will made a mistake, which is why in database design, we generally has a way for people to reverse, remove or changes it in some way.

​

>You a fan of graphite on tree pulp?

I'm a fan of practicality, which is something that blockchain lacks.

What about you? how are you going to incorporate blockchain into the process and make it actually usable?

TDaltonC t1_j1vfkgs wrote

That is exactly the kind of usability problem that is totally real, but also very manageable. It’s not trivial, but it’s on everyone list of things that will get better as the technology matures. People had the same kind of objections to computers and the internet. (I can’t believe I need to belabor this point in a sub about tech trends)

As for what I’m personally doing about this, I’m the cofounder of a company using blockchain to track beneficial ownership of climate assets. So I think that the arguments in favor of blockchain are very convincing.

−1

icest0 t1_j1vi4xs wrote

>It’s not trivial, but it’s on everyone list of things that will get better as the technology matures.

You have no idea what you're talking about.

The point the of the blockchain is ALL data that's stored on blockchain should not be changes/delete/reverse, it should only be added on top. it will never getter better as it would contradict the core concept.

>People had the same kind of objections to computers and the internet. (I can’t believe I need to belabor this point in a sub about tech trends)

We don't. And the concept of blockchain exist for 3 decades now but nobody uses it. beside cryptocurrency.

​

>As for what I’m personally doing about this, I’m the cofounder of a company using blockchain to track beneficial ownership of climate assets. So I think that the arguments in favor of blockchain are very convincing.

The best you can do to explain how you're going to use it is to say "using blockchain" that's all? And my guy, you honestly think I won't see your BS if you say you are a cofounder at X company? lol I'm not 5 years old.