Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

Ze_Bonitinho OP t1_j6detp0 wrote

No, because you are talking as if a character would have entire libraries of human behaviour. What I'm talking is way simpler. There would be digital characters built for specific movies and those specific movies would demand specific behaviors. If a character had to show sadness it would be fed with lots of information on how the human body is under sadness, how it walks, how it moves its head, how its lips move seconds before crying. If you cry because you are sad, it looks one way, if you see Tom Hanks crying, you are seeing someone acting as if henis sad. Obviously Tom Hanks is a greay actor and it can perform it with reasonable reliance, but it is still not close to perfection. If you have a digital character, all its facial movements would mive based of how human muscles move in real life when humans are sad, it would be a perfect representation of sadness, and way cheaper than casting Tom Hanks. Also not every actor is a Tom Hanks, but in the future, a technology like that could be applied at every face

It doesn't have anything to do with a digital psyche, it is just a prompt of movements based of human behavior

SatansMoisture t1_j6dz05c wrote

So it sounds to me like you are wanting A.I. to operate as a sort of CGI 2.0 with physical characteristics and behavior preloaded into predetermined emotional states of being?

zombiifissh t1_j6gap3k wrote

Sounds like it would be a poor imitation of something humans can already do. Why bother trying to replace people with AI (especially the creatives??) when we could be using AI tech to solve world problems.