Comments

You must log in or register to comment.

-Voyag3r- t1_irsokez wrote

Nice words, but Im sure it must be easier meeting new people if you are anywhere near as good-looking as Idris Elba.

Seth_Jarvis_fanboy t1_irunu2w wrote

Idris Elba is an average looking dude with a lot of swagger and that's what makes him attractive

If he was shy or insecure he wouldn't be attractive

−3

SDj9 t1_irv1qfr wrote

Damn bro, if Idris Elba is average, i'm like a 0

mcr1974 t1_irv8t3n wrote

but did you do everything you can to improve. I. e. gym?

You don't have control on your face, but you have on your body, teeth, and dress style.

−5

Massive-Job-3567 t1_irvurb8 wrote

Incel alert.

mcr1974 t1_irw1nh3 wrote

? who is the incel?

Massive-Job-3567 t1_irwm0be wrote

You.

mcr1974 t1_irwnypi wrote

your mum?

−1

Massive-Job-3567 t1_irwvq4p wrote

Go read some more Jordan Peterson.

mcr1974 t1_irwzm26 wrote

your mum does

Massive-Job-3567 t1_irzld0s wrote

Classic incel joke. Well done.

mcr1974 t1_irzxso7 wrote

lol I have 3 kids

Massive-Job-3567 t1_irzyual wrote

Must make it harder you knowing what sex is like before becoming an incel then.

mcr1974 t1_is17bqw wrote

like your mum?

Massive-Job-3567 t1_is4eep5 wrote

The wit of a potato.

mcr1974 t1_is4pyve wrote

aww you're VERY witty instead. Look at your reddit wit! you're a champ.

mcr1974 t1_irw1q2d wrote

not sure why you're being downvoted...

Seth_Jarvis_fanboy t1_irw30md wrote

Because people are convinced that they're ugly and can't help it when in fact attraction is hardly ever physical

Pudding_Hero t1_irtajgw wrote

Sounds like a pyramid scheme

ZSpectre t1_irur2fr wrote

No joke, this attitude is something that MLMs and cults would encourage people to do in order for the victims to believe they can actually catch whatever carrot on a stick that they've been promised.

Jak_n_Dax t1_iru9zet wrote

I’ve started this mindset with job hunting. Rejections don’t mean anything negative any more. It just means it’s time to put in the next application.

mcr1974 t1_irv8u98 wrote

Well, it would be good to get some learning from each rejection

omegasix321 t1_irvg6a9 wrote

Employers: Why aren’t we getting any workers?

Also Employers: *Use algorithm that automatically reject 99.9% of applications unless their absolutely perfect. And after that still rejects people after 2-3 interviews.

Truly, a mystery.

Jak_n_Dax t1_irvui8h wrote

Not much to learn from a generic rejection response email.

Legend_Unfolds t1_irs52lz wrote

Concerning dating maybe this is true for women, but definitely not for men.

VeedySpain t1_irsclfa wrote

Regarding just sex, you might be right. But when it comes to finding love, both men and women face the same struggles.

Legend_Unfolds t1_irslz1o wrote

Strong disagree. Single men are in abundance, and there is so little demand for us. It feels like most women are either already taken, already being pursued by (sometimes several) others, don't want commitment, or rate you too low for them if they do want commitment. Single women seriously and realistically looking to date do not remain single for extended periods.

I wish the same could be said for men. I see so many young men like myself lamenting over the same thing, and there is nothing to console them.

And if you do get a chance, factor in that you have to like them too, and be close enough, and have lives that can fit at some point...

...I'm getting sick of the reality of this hopeless game.

RDAwesome t1_irtgg10 wrote

I am not an Idris Elba-looking guy but I've never really had issues finding dates. You'd be surprised how much more responsive women are if you don't carry negativity around like an anchor. I think dating apps definitely favor women, but also guys get in their own way SO often.

Worst case scenario, two desperate guys dating each other means that scale gets tilted twice as far in guys' favor

SatoshiFlex t1_irtp12s wrote

You're sabotaging yourself with a victim mindset. Do you think that thinking like this projects any attractive qualities? I promise it doesn't.

manksta t1_irwampl wrote

I know plenty of women who share this same level of desperation that you portray here so stop pretending this is something exclusive to men. The moment you change your current paradigm will be the moment it stops being a self-fulfilling prophecy.

aioncan t1_irtr2p0 wrote

Ok …transition to be a woman then

TotallynottheCCP t1_iruhxll wrote

I wouldn't be the least bit surprised if this was a big part of most guys' motivation to transition.

TotallynottheCCP t1_iruhrdd wrote

Absolutely, same struggles, just like a homeless guy and Bill Gates face the same struggles cuz both are humans.

FandomMenace t1_irrj4vw wrote

Idris is one of the world's most underrated actors.

tortilladelpeligro t1_iruj8wp wrote

I really wish the BBC would make him a Doctor on DoctorWho...

FandomMenace t1_irunid7 wrote

I agree. There was talk of making him James Bond at one point but that fell through. Now that Daniel Craig has quit for sure, maybe it could still happen.

Sjiznit t1_irvb4q8 wrote

No, showrunners have Said they are looking at someone in their early 30s. No Elba or Hardy.

FandomMenace t1_irunhj3 wrote

I agree. There was talk of making him James Bond at one point but that fell through. Now that Daniel Craig has quit for sure, maybe it could still happen.

Lioness- t1_irv0t56 wrote

I think that I just got rid of an obstacle, when I reject a difficult person who crossed my path.

Thank You. Something much better is coming after that.

TotallynottheCCP t1_iruhgec wrote

This works great with money too. I stopped worrying about how much I spend because I've fooled myself into believing my bank account is bottomless.

ThrowawayTheLegend t1_irv3j4m wrote

Most quotes like this i find pretty lame, but this is pretty good and motivating way of looking at job hunting.

Briarj123 t1_irv73sk wrote

This is a great attitude to have. People with defeatist attitudes will never not feel defeated. It's something to strive for, that attitude

Dentipres t1_irvacsd wrote

Man millionaires have this stuff all figured out eh?

zackefrontwin t1_irvcw9f wrote

Good luck if your not attractive, being handsome is like the 85% in successful dating