Comments

You must log in or register to comment.

keepthetips t1_j5zr0f1 wrote

Hello and welcome to r/LifeProTips!

Please help us decide if this post is a good fit for the subreddit by up or downvoting this comment.

If you think that this is great advice to improve your life, please upvote. If you think this doesn't help you in any way, please downvote. If you don't care, leave it for the others to decide.

Tandian t1_j5zrsrv wrote

Hahahahhaha go tell that to /chronicpain

Oh I see you making up shit to promote your site?

Cold-Albatross t1_j5zu5fv wrote

Aside from any product promotion, I would add that core strength is very important as well, especially for lower back issues.

keegley t1_j5zvag6 wrote

Flexibility training has pretty much eliminated chronic back pain I had for years. Now any time I hear someone complain about back pain I ask “do you stretch?” The answer is always “no.”

miclux t1_j602hwv wrote

r/SLPT believe in stretching to solve all joint and muscle pain.

IAmAKindTroll t1_j60pkm4 wrote

This is hilarious because we have plenty of evidence that this is absolutely false.

bizzonzzon t1_j61hpxw wrote

So you just started 8 months ago, and had two minor issues that got better with mobility work... That means you can give advice about "almost every joint and muscle pain"?

Mobility work and stretching are not the same. Advocating generic 'stretching' can be very damaging to any body, and there are many conditions in which stretching or mobility work would cause significantly more pain and injury.