Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

quantafolia OP t1_j9wu3c8 wrote

>Breathing excercises, 4 seconds in, 4 seconds out. Make sure you do a longer exhale if needed.

Hey i know that excercise!! I do free hand mostly and i do that everyday.

>Self-talk: dont always react to the first thing in your head. Always reflect on what you think. Dont be too hard on yourself or others. When speaking to yourself, do so with respect.

I don't know but everytime my mind always says- " you are not good enough for love. No one's gonna love you. " Or " no one's gonna care if you die"

I know some facts are true but sometimes I wonder if it's just the lies told by my depression

AJ3TurtleSquad t1_j9yacjv wrote

My initial thoughts/self talk are always negative. It takes a lot of practice to ignore those thoughts but it is crucial for our happiness to try and turn them into positive thoughts.

Your brain is a muscle and right now it's impusles are to be negative. So it will take time to rebuild that muscle to think positively. You are retraining yourself. It takes time and a lot of effort, but you can do it.

Keep working on yourself every day. You are worth it. The results are worth it. You got this!

Psychogistt t1_j9wwe4u wrote

Those aren’t facts. Facts are 2+2=4. Those are opinions. And very harsh opinions at that.

In psychology we call those unhelpful styles of thinking. They’re unhelpful thinking patterns that have a big effect on how you feel.

quantafolia OP t1_j9x4aow wrote

>In psychology we call those unhelpful styles of thinking.

So you are telling me that i have been ruminating over nothing? Was the opinion in my head a lie?

Psychogistt t1_j9x4vec wrote

It’s just a story you’re telling yourself. Would you say that to a friend? Be kinder to yourself.