Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

willowalloy t1_j9crdfz wrote

What do you mean? I am about to do that

Impressive-Ad5629 t1_j9csh3f wrote

Only date a coworker if you’re sure you can handle the repercussions if you break things off. Mixing emotions in a professional environment is not always a safe idea.

heavyarmszero t1_j9cxyck wrote

If it's a big company with multiple divisions/offices it's not that big of a deal. But if you will be dating someone from the same division as you, that's gonna be really problematic.

special_kitty t1_j9cxfdw wrote

There's an expression, don't dip your pen in company ink.

peachee007 t1_j9dvaoo wrote

Another saying….don’t get your bread and meat in the same place.

_Dry_View_ t1_j9euu1a wrote

There's a saying in Spain about the same: don't put you penis in the place where you have your pot.

Alpha_Sluttlefish t1_j9dujh7 wrote

If you decide to date a coworker, you have to also decide that the potential relationship is more important to you than your job. It's do-able, but much more likely to lead to drama than most new relationships. If things go wrong, one or both of you may need to leave. It's a bigger deal if you have a long-term career with the company, less so if it's a casual job and you won't have trouble finding other work if necessary.

Rare_Basil_243 t1_j9dto85 wrote

"You don't shit where you eat." If you split and it's not amicable, prepare for your job to suck bad now.

Noreallyimacat t1_j9f7jgb wrote

I shit at home and I eat at home. Do other people not do that??

Ex-zaviera t1_j9irisy wrote

Don't get your meat where you get your bread.

DarkMoS t1_j9enylq wrote

Don’t shit where you eat, if the relationship goes sour can you keep working in a serene environment?

SarcasticDevil t1_j9ex0qt wrote

Bah just do it if you want to, ignore all the naysayers. There aren't really any rules to this and none of these people know your situation.

Also most people in this thread can barely even comprehend speaking to a coworker, let alone dating and banging one