Comments

You must log in or register to comment.

TQA-1015 t1_jd82hwx wrote

I can't get cable where I live.

DidDunMegasploded t1_jd838dg wrote

Nope. Cut the cord several years ago, have not looked back since.

The catch is that all the cable channels we got were flukes on Spectrum's end.

Seyword t1_jd8be6j wrote

You could just ask, are you over the age of 55? 🀣

Cable TV is one of the biggest scams around. Preying off the elderly.

cepheus42 t1_jd8bwpu wrote

Hey, I'm 56 and I haven't used cable television for over a decade now. Cut the cable in 2012 and went full streaming when most folks were still too scared to. And I damn well am not "elderly" or being preyed on (no more than anyone else who has to put up with vulture corporations I mean).

MrLonely_ t1_jd8y21v wrote

I remember the first year I didn’t have cable was when the cubs won the World Series, it’s been a while.

Notmystationbro t1_jd8yoya wrote

If you are a sports fan and watch BoSox, Bruins, C’s and Pats you pretty much have to subscribe to cable/satellite to watch them. So yeah I have a cable

vgallant t1_jd8z7d7 wrote

I'm surprised cable still exists, it's such a rip off for what you get.

meowmix778 t1_jd90i8z wrote

I got rid of cable like 2011? Then I got dish or direct tv in like 2013 for less than a year because I missed live sports and I was sick of going to bars or watching pirated streams. But then I realized I'm fine doing that if it means saving 100s per month.

JimBones31 t1_jd90iew wrote

Nope. I pay ~$80 for internet and share a few subscriptions. I pay for Disney+

DidDunMegasploded t1_jd927cj wrote

My mother is in her 60s and she managed to cut the cord. Relies on Hulu, Netflix and Pluto TV now, although she bags on Netflix for their terrible taste in horror movies and doesn't quite know how it works once in a blue moon.

costillaultima t1_jd93979 wrote

Only ever had online cable TV and only free trials to catch things like the Macy's parade and ball drops.

InfamousCelery4438 t1_jd96zc3 wrote

No cable available on my road. I cut off the DSL to save money. And all of my streaming services.

Our town is working on getting broadband internet, but IDK how long it's going to take. I only watch free movies online. That's it.

InfamousCelery4438 t1_jdamd65 wrote

I have a free ancient government Android Schok phone and YouTube has recently uploaded some old school movies. I get 4G LTE and my calls frequently drop. I own a lavender iPhone 12, but I can't afford the $55 monthly payment and I don't know how to download all the texts from my slimy landlord's niece who was his POA when he was in Otisville prison for dealing cocaine and I am at the end of my rope over here in Leeds, does that answer your fucking question?