Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

GamerRager t1_iugmqn1 wrote

Idk I don’t get this post. Are we supposed to be shitting on the guy in a mclaren? As a car guy and huge formula 1 fan I find it dope as hell to have a mclaren owner In our state. That’s what I dream of having even though I highly doubt I’ll have one but a man can dream lol

JustAGreenDreamer t1_iuhd982 wrote

I saw a lambo with Maine plates last month in Ellsworth. Honestly, I’m not giving these people a hard time for it, I just can’t believe that anyone local would subject cars like that to roads like this.

doomslayer95 t1_iuhlqb7 wrote

That's what I was thinking, these roads are not kind to low riding vehicles. Hell, even sometimes freshly paved roads are still bad.

biglymonies t1_iujb3wo wrote

There are quite a few supercar owners in Maine, although they're mostly older rat-fucked or heavily-modified Gallardo's. You could buy them for ~$80-90k used a few years ago. You can still get a semi-low mileage Gallardo Spyder for about $129k, which is only about $20k more expensive than the Ford F-150 Raptor or the new Range Rover. Still likely out of reach for the average Mainer, but not for an older car enthusiast or business owner.

But you're 100% right - unless you've got a fat bodywork budget, owning a vehicle with such a low ground clearance in Maine is ridiculous. Many have airbags to lift the front a bit, but you'd be stuck riding on those 24/7 in most places in the state.

RANDOluvsyou t1_iuhn2cb wrote

Not sure if its the same guy, but I'm in cape porpoise and there's a house down the street that usually (on the nicer days) has a McLaren parked out front. on most other days its a maybach

AssumptionLivid6879 t1_iuhoo9c wrote

Yes. A $150k F150 Raptor Mall Crawler is acceptable and manly, but a 75k Porsche/Audi/BMW means you’re a rich asshole.