Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

OriginalGordol OP t1_iu334u3 wrote

First hit on Google "US flag with 13 stars":

https://www.azcentral.com/story/news/politics/arizona/2019/07/02/betsy-ross-flag-what-is-who-made-it-and-its-use-hate-groups/1629660001/

> "... The Betsy Ross flag has been used by many different groups over the years, including extremist groups like the Ku Klux Klan, said Mark Pitcavage, senior research fellow with the Anti-Defamation League's Center on Extremism. He said the association is weak compared to other symbols, though. > > "Most white supremacists would not know what the Betsy Ross flag was if you asked them about it, compared to all the other symbols that they constantly use," Pitcavage said. > > The anti-government "militia movement" also uses the Betsy Ross flag. Pitcavage said that tie wasn't strong enough for the average person to immediately connect the two...."

−1

DeyCallMeTimmy2shoes t1_iu36c5d wrote

Wow way to be objective and unbiased. From that article you link the very first commentary on it I quote β€œIs it used as a symbol for hate groups?

That depends who you ask, though generally it is not viewed that way.”

OriginalGordol OP t1_iu4bda8 wrote

I merely said that was the first hit. Every single article I found from my search had the same/similar information. I directly liked/quoted that one because it was the first hit and it was the most easily read.

Think of it like "the secret handshake". Those who know, know.

mouldyrumble t1_iu3n8sf wrote

I mean, did you read the rest of the stickers? Pretty good odds this person is a racist.