Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

207Simone t1_ixgw1ia wrote

Oh have I got a story for you. Was at my local food pantry a week or so ago waiting outside in line. It was cold that morning. Was chatting it up w/2 other moms (age wise prob late 20s early 30s) cause I had a question about baby gear they had. While they were waiting for their number to be called, they took their infants who were in their car seats, put them back in their SUV then came back in line to wait. NOBODY was in the SUV w/the babies they literally just put these 2 babies in their respective seats walked away got back in line & kept chatting like nothing happened. I’m not that “old” (36) but i was shocked to see this. Might be how I was raised by 2 old school parents from Boston, IDK.i just shook my head in disbelief & continued to mind my business

Psychological-Bear-9 t1_ixhpqkq wrote

Oh, it's awful, the amount of people I've seen straight up wack their kids on the back of the head or something at restaurants or out at the grocery store for just being a kid. I remember years ago I was eating Chinese with a friend, and this family came in and were immediately just.... trashy. The waitress is taking their orders, and they get to this boy that looks broken at like seven years old. "Mom," whaps him on the head and goes, "Well, tell her what you want dumbass."

Multiple tables spoke up, and even the waitress spoke up, and they freaked out to the point of them leaving. It wasn't a win, though, because that kid just ended up having to go right back to whatever hellhole those "parents," had him in.

All the while yelling about how parents nowadays are pussies yadda yadda. Shit like that is not uncommon in rural areas.