Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

KermitThrush t1_j1r08f6 wrote

With a little bit of artful financial accounting it’s very easy for them to benefit from the supply rate going up and they also benefit from the delivery rates going up which have also risen dramatically over the past several years.

Both CMP and Versant Power in fact currently have proposed hikes in their delivery rates before the PUC.

These two corporations are incredibly corrupt and they actively corrupt our government in their own interests.

Vote for the pine tree State powers initiative in 2023!

ZingZongZaddy t1_j1r17of wrote

FYI the delivery rates went down in 2022, from $14.20 for the first 50kWh to $13.73, and $0.94 to $0.88 for excess.

No one is arguing the companies aren't corrupt but you're muddling the argument with your histrionics and misinformation. This is why we can't have nice things.

Mainer2727 t1_j1uvuzi wrote

While you are busy promoting Pine Tree's initiative by pushing false information and emotion-fueled posts, others are sticking with the facts. CMP isn't perfect, but I'm certainly grateful for their consistent efforts during storms and the thought of a utility takeover is downright terrifying for a lot of reasons.

You call out everyone on here who is invested in our fight against climate change and accuse people of being a corporate "shrill," but you are by far the most vocal supporter of Our Power. So who is getting paid??

KermitThrush t1_j1v1kpx wrote

Your account has -4 karma and all of your comments are in support of CMP

My account is the genuine account of a tax paying and voting Maine Citizen

It’s a typical tactic of corporate crooks to accuse their opponents of spreading the type of disinformation that they themselves are spreading

And it’s laughable that you would suggest that CMP or versant have any interest at all in opposing climate change because they certainly do not. Their only interest is in their own profit.

Every time that you make a comment with one of the corporate sock puppet shill accounts that you have created you only encourage Maine citizens on Reddit to give even more support to the Pine tree State power initiative ballot measure.

manual84 t1_j1vn71r wrote

Normal taxpaying Mainer here... not sure this is the right place to argue politics or try to change minds but I spend most of my time on Reddit on snark pages so who am I to talk. Just want to offer a different perspective, which is that I don't think CMP is perfect but I also don't think the Pine Tree Power plan is written in a way that's gonna deliver what they're promising. I also worry it's gonna just take too long (not to mention eventual litigation) and cost too damn much and by the time all is said an down we'll be mired in bills that are the same as today AND we'll still be wading in the mess of fossil fuels while the planet crumbles further. Not suggesting I have a better solution either, but wanted to offer my perspective.

New_Sun6390 t1_j1slm4e wrote

Is that you, Seth? Or is it one of Seth's minions? Delivery rate actally has NOT gone up dramatically.

Sad that you feel the need to lie to further your personal agenda.

−4

Professional_Box8312 t1_j1tcs3n wrote

Sounds very much like Seth. He's Obsethed with taking down CMP even if he has to spread misinformation to seize our utilities. He has consistently blocked and deleted commenters from his personal page and the Our Power page. What a loose cannon. Enough with the lies Seth.

−1

KermitThrush t1_j1usdth wrote

Anyone can see the history of your account.

Every single comment made by your account has been made in support of these private utility companies.

You are a corporate shill.

I have no doubt that CMP and/or Versant are paying you to do this.

Your account is an example of the type of sleazy media efforts that these corrupt utility companies will pour their money into to oppose this peoples referendum

Professional_Box8312 t1_j1vslc4 wrote

You are gravely mistaken. I don't frequent reddit for much but I will continue to call out this proposed takeover of the grid as it is a horrible deal for Maine.