Comments

You must log in or register to comment.

Shadow3114 t1_jaenpkd wrote

Unless you’re buying pure processed foods, 97$ should be at least half a cart of decent food

TAmber1213 t1_jaep461 wrote

It also depends on where you're shopping I can go to Hannaford's if I get a ride and fill a cart and spend less than $400 but if I don't have a ride I have to walk up to the local grocery store and I can get three bags worth and it cost me $200

plantpowered22 t1_jaetwru wrote

The corporate brand that owns shaws has inflated prices more than any other chain.

There was an article about it

Shadow3114 t1_jaepabv wrote

Fair enough, I’m lucky enough to be able to shop at local stores

derpmcperpenstein t1_jaeqmxv wrote

Definitely cooperate greed going on ( besides inflation).

One that comes to mind are Powerade ( sport drinks). They were .88 per a year ago, now 1.39.

Guygan t1_jaeuc41 wrote

Why are you buying that crap? Save money by not buying it.

Notmystationbro t1_jaetqff wrote

Corporate greed wasn’t causing grocery bills going sky high Pre-Covid. Transportation costs (ie price of diesel) go up so do price of goods. Inflation and Fuels have driven everything up.

Wooden-Importance t1_jaevam4 wrote

Right, the corporate greed of the oil companies leading to record profits for them is the problem.

Notmystationbro t1_jaevzjl wrote

Funny how we never had this problem with the previous administration 🤷‍♂️.

You do know oil/gas are traded on a global market correct? Price is determine by supply and demand.

−12

Wooden-Importance t1_jaew6ed wrote

Do you think Joe Biden is responsible for gas/diesel prices?

Notmystationbro t1_jaeztvh wrote

Still doesn’t change the fact that the administration has blocked all these drilling sites on federally owned land. It’s all there in the article. Just because they’re backed by Koch doesn’t make it less true.

Here’s Joe Biden himself speaking to a crowd about ending fossil fuels. https://youtu.be/Slszva6kk90

You say president doesn’t determine oil and gas prices but yet Biden himself takes credit when they go down when we opened up our reserves. https://nypost.com/2022/08/17/energy-experts-push-back-as-white-house-takes-credit-for-falling-gas-prices/amp/

−7

Majestic-Feedback541 t1_jaesm4m wrote

What did you buy?

ConfirmedDunce t1_jaf24t8 wrote

Food prices are up something like 30-40% over the last two years so that is hardly the point. You can buy lentils and salt and you will get less of that for your hundred dollars than you did quite recently.

Majestic-Feedback541 t1_jaf386j wrote

It kind of is the point... I mean I got some groceries today, came home with 4 full bags and spent $80. In honesty, it was a mix of junky foods and healthy foods (think meat, potatoes, peaches, ice cream, frozen chicken nuggets, etc) plus a pack of paper towels, a couple things of juice, and a stuffed animal for my kiddo (I couldn't say no)...

Do I think it was all worth as much as I paid? No, that same trip used to cost way less. Food is a necessity and it should absolutely not cost as much as it does now. Same can be said for electricity and heating oil...

RealBlondeFakeBags t1_jaew1i4 wrote

Not sure if you live near a market basket but I’ve found their groceries to be much cheaper

Guygan t1_jaenlzh wrote

That’s cheap depending on what you bought.

StrikingExamination6 t1_jaerugm wrote

I spent 4$ on one bag of groceries. It was a very small bag.

lantech t1_jaexbbz wrote

I bet I can beat that easily. Is there a place to keep score?

JustAGreenDreamer OP t1_jaf4am8 wrote

The one thing I bought that was a “known expensive” was maple syrup.