Submitted by Glum-Literature-8837 t3_11egupl in Maine

Yeah, another post bitching about my power bill, but thanks for letting me vent at least.

We’ve used Electricity Maine as our supplier for I don’t even know how long, and never really had a problem. This month though my rate jumped from $0.1475 to $0.3799 per KWH. We got our usual “do nothing to renew” letter last year, but I don’t recall receiving ANYTHING that would signify a rate hike like this.

So, do I have any recourse? Or do I just have to eat it and try to switch to the standard offer? Any thoughts are appreciated.

Comments

You must log in or register to comment.

Coffee-FlavoredSweat t1_jae4osn wrote

I wish I knew what you guys were all on about.

Sure, my bill has gone up over the years. It’s just about doubled, but it’s been over the course of 6 years. I’ve never seen the sudden price jumps everyone is talking about without reason.

Every summer we run our AC constantly, so the spike is expected, but it goes right back down, and other than that it’s just been a slow steady rise.

−3

Flashy_Yam967 t1_jae5eqs wrote

I have Versant and my supply and delivery together is 29 cents per kw.

Squidworth89 t1_jae6g14 wrote

Prolly change to standard offer but can’t remember rate.

blaz138 t1_jae6ory wrote

Ours was $495 the last time because of running a space heater upstairs almost constantly

david_lo-pan t1_jae8lg3 wrote

You went from their new customer 12 month promo rate to their rate that allows them to give new customers a 12 month deal. Somewhere along the line you probably agreed to the increase after 12 months.

Glum-Literature-8837 OP t1_jae9nwv wrote

My bill has risen gradually over time as well, but never a jump like this. Like I said, this is not a result of higher usage or CMP upping the delivery fee, it's from Electricity Maine more than doubling the supply rate.

This shows my previous balance, which was 605KWH @ $0.1475, and my new rate:

https://preview.redd.it/zrurkotk51la1.png?width=707&format=png&auto=webp&v=enabled&s=f9565fbd52c22f2d423c74315b379452d411b37c