Comments

You must log in or register to comment.

raptor102888 t1_iucc1dq wrote

Lots of comments answering 1800 out 96%. But this isn't one of those. It's something slightly smaller, and the layout itself probably doesn't have a name, just unique to this board.

WeekendWarriorMark t1_iucenvq wrote

2nd! numpad section has just 3 columns. Arrows are aligned (something I’d prefer over the 1800)

Matasa89 t1_iucq361 wrote

Yeah I would call this an exploded 96%. It's not enough distance to be called 1800 and not compacted entirely like the 96%.

working-acct t1_iuct5nq wrote

Look if it quacks like a 1800 I’m calling it a 1800.

raptor102888 t1_iuemsql wrote

It doesn't quack like an 1800 though. It doesn't have all the same columns, so it's functionality is wildly different.

forter4 t1_iudnr1w wrote

Yea, I was gonna say a compact 1800, but the numpad doesn't have the - + and ENTER keys...What's the point of a numpad if it doesn't have those keys? oof, this layout is a big "nope" from me

NintendogsWithGuns t1_iudzkv2 wrote

With this layout the numpad is already right next to the main enter key, the - + keys would have been a welcome addition though. Think this would have worked better with an ISO or JIS-inspired layout, as the main enter key would be taller and you might be able to make a creative use of the extra keys

fantastic_beats t1_iueathn wrote

Yeah, you could learn to use it, either with other layers or with the keys off to the left.

> the numpad doesn't have the - + and ENTER keys...What's the point of a numpad if it doesn't have those keys?

Num Lock makes tenkeys super handy as arrow keys/nav clusters, but this layout has a separate arrow cluster, which eats into that effectiveness a bit. The Candybar layout, which is a 40% with a tenkey, is one of the only ones I've seen with that philosophy. But at that point you may be better off with a 40% and a Murphpad you keep in a drawer and plug in when you need it

Kirball904 t1_iuezte0 wrote

Having to take my hand on the TK to hit enter defeats the entire purpose of the TK IMO.

HMD-Oren t1_iucv1bh wrote

Having a numpad without an enter key seems strange...

saltineofmydream t1_iud2iut wrote

yeah this would not work for excel people unless you mapped a left hand enter key.

GolemancerVekk t1_iud3le9 wrote

Yeah, having the 2u zero on the left bottom and the 2u high enter on the right is like half the point of a dedicated numpad...

LkMMoDC t1_iudab5a wrote

There are merits to this design. You can access the normal enter and backspace with the same hand you're using on the numpad.

flappity t1_iudhbfj wrote

But the muscle memory! Also that's super awkward if you're doing lots of spreadsheets or entering lots of numbers constantly.

Qbopper t1_iuhnpox wrote

muscle memory is a weird argument though, considering some of the crazy layouts people use

if it works for you, it works for you; if it doesn't, then it doesn't

forter4 t1_iudob8p wrote

You "can" but it's not optimal. When I use excel or do anything, I tend to follow processes that allow the least amount of movement with my hands and least amount of time to actually do the job. Those two are typically interchangeable, but before you ask...yes, small movement make a difference overtime. Not necessarily in time saved, but in hand fatigue

Kirball904 t1_iuezyln wrote

Doesn’t seem efficient to me.

HMD-Oren t1_iuff8xa wrote

I'd have to agree. I'm a power excel user so at this point I'd just go straight to a 75 GMMK Pro style design rather than keep a nerfed numpad.

Kirball904 t1_iufh8sj wrote

I’m an avoider of glorious for ethical reasons but you do you.

HMD-Oren t1_iugyi5x wrote

I think you've misunderstood my comment.

MrB10b t1_iudv034 wrote

I think the word you are looking for is wrong :P /s

ThreadyKeycaps t1_iue77cq wrote

this and the lack of "+" "-" 🤔 but it looks good so I guess it's fine HAHA

raijba t1_iuefaj8 wrote

I know you might have to adjust your muscle memory, but 2.25u enter is only slightly further than the usual 2u vertical enter would normally be. Still usable IMO, and maybe worth it for people who want a more compact board but want to keep numpad functionality, albeit at slightly less functionality than a full numpad.

Shiba_Fett t1_iuc6uu9 wrote

Whatever it is, I want one now.

DrSmog t1_iudg5nm wrote

Same, I have so many 60ish% im getting sick of the format. I would love to have something like this with a 2.4ghz dongle.

ABiggerTelevision t1_iuc6szn wrote

It appears to be named after the Cherry model 1800, I have the GMMK2 96%, damn nice keyboard.

aerospikesRcoolBut t1_iuc6voi wrote

Mega rare layout! What board is that

beardgrylls t1_iuc7h43 wrote

That's the M93I by Jojo Studio. It just started group buy a couple of days ago through Wuque Studio's website. Not sure if I can link it but a quick Google search should come up with the product page.

working-acct t1_iuct8ty wrote

I’m more interested in how Wuque is pronounced.

DriveByStoning t1_iucupbt wrote

Woo-chay

yayfurui t1_iuehwts wrote

Interesting, is that how the company said its pronounced or is that how its popularly pronounced in the western world? Just based on the Chinese "无缺" aka WuQue, I feel like it should be pronounced something like "woo-chreh".

DriveByStoning t1_iuf960f wrote

I'm assuming that's how they want it pronounced. All their YouTube videos are silent, but every reviewer I've seen has pronounced it like that from back when I started paying attention during the Ikki68 buy. Andy/Taeha/Betty/Alexotos/BadSeed/Clackbait/

walterjrscs OP t1_iuc75dc wrote

I now wanna know brand and model too! But I have no idea. This picture is just from a keycaps listing on AliExpress I've saved a while ago.

beardgrylls t1_iuc7j2e wrote

M93I by Jojo Studio. Just started group buy on Wuque Studio's website! Very tempted to pick one up.

TheSound0fSilence t1_iuc9n3w wrote

Just buy a Keychron V5.

−5

aeo1us t1_iuce35a wrote

A Keychron v5 is ABS housing and the numpad placement doesn't look as tight as this one does. Plus I love that blue + the pen holder.

Granted, none of that matters if they don't want to wait.

WeekendWarriorMark t1_iucda6m wrote

*keychron (autocorrect?)

Edit: Keychron V5 also has six more keys compared to the one in the pic by foregoing the spacing left and right of the f-keys and right of the space going for 1u instead of 1.25u. On the numpad section the one pictured doesn’t come w/ four columns +-= and the top row key are missing. Also the arrow keys are slightly offset downwards on the v5 reminiscent of the vintage 1800, which the one pictured doesn’t do.

TheSound0fSilence t1_iudi25b wrote

But it's also $100 vs $350!

−1

Kirball904 t1_iuf0b46 wrote

Cheaper doesn’t always mean better. There’s a reason it costs less and it’s usually the quality.

Thiefade t1_iucdgfq wrote

What’re the keycaps?

Kirball904 t1_iuf0eex wrote

I feel like it was a GMK gradient at one point. I think Signature plastics has also done a similar gradient.

[deleted] t1_iuf1pd9 wrote

[removed]

AutoModerator t1_iuf1pfa wrote

Unfortunately, Aliexpress and BangGood Links are autofiltered by sitewide reddit spam filters. Sometimes, users will be flagged and suspended from the Reddit platform as a whole due to excessive linking to this or other autoflagged sites. Please keep this in mind when posting or commenting.

I am a bot, and this action was performed automatically. Please contact the moderators of this subreddit if you have any questions or concerns.

Not-A-Lazy-Person t1_iucvn5b wrote

Unrelated, but does anyone know if the keycaps are sold separately? The color looks so sick

keevesnchives t1_iuc612g wrote

I believe that's called a 1800 compact keyboard, or a 96%.

zabuma t1_iucdplh wrote

96%ers are really the best

free2game t1_iucf8v0 wrote

An 1800 style layout that misses a lot of the better points of an 1800 layout.

amelore t1_iucmklm wrote

Having a numpad with a column less does not seem very practical, You could use the main enter since there's no nav cluster in between but you still lost the - + keys

Are you sure the numkeys are supposed to go there? Could just be nav cluster and 8 extras.

zenzoka t1_iucsjgh wrote

Pretty sure that's where the numpad goes. There are a variety of layouts like this and like you said, seems highly impractical to me too. Numpads are a must for what I do so 1800s are my go-tos, and the lack of +, - and Enter on this particular layout have me screaming "Why?!"

To me numpad is the kinda thing where you either have a full one or do completely without. No in-betweens.

amelore t1_iuct83d wrote

Yes absolutely nothing against have no numpad (or no f-row, no navcluster, etc) just really weird to almost have a full numpad. What's the benefit supposed to be?

cinlung t1_iudoce8 wrote

I just realized this numpad has no plus sign when you said this.

peanutbutterwife t1_iuczuwt wrote

My guess? Data entry. I do a ton of data entry into spreadsheets and almost never need those keys.

Funny enough, as an old school touch typist, I didn't like using those anyways. Having dedicated numbers is nice for data entry, but for formula entry into cells, I'll use the upper line +/- and all that because I'm already using alpha numeric for the cell identifiers. Just a theory, based on use and layout. YMMV.

EDIT: autocorrect needed fixing

Shidoshisan t1_iuf1z75 wrote

So many wrong answers. Why guess? Either you know and answer or don’t. It’s close to a full size but has no nav keys so is a 90-something. This specific layout is a 93% it seems as it is the Jojo m93.

R4DG t1_iuc7qoo wrote

I love my Epomaker 96 with a knob. Sounds great stock

Brabino t1_iudqjyo wrote

Numpad without Enter key is big no go

TooMuchMech t1_iue0hu5 wrote

Messing with the numpad is unforgivable. Just get a tkl.

AutoModerator t1_iuc5bnd wrote

Please check if your post is a help request.

As per the rules, "Help requests, keyboard buying advice, and simple questions must be posted in the daily post stickied to the top of the subreddit or it will be removed without explanation."

Please post the question here.

I am a bot, and this action was performed automatically. Please contact the moderators of this subreddit if you have any questions or concerns.

LordNoodles1 t1_iucdo7w wrote

I have Keychron version and I regret it because I can’t find the arrow keys quickly for the work I do.

m4chinehead2 t1_iucdoyr wrote

Looks like a akko mod003 :) or very similar i have 2 :)

Gausgovy t1_iucgrco wrote

Don’t think this layout has a name. 96% keyboard have another row of mods to the right of the numpad, but that’s the closest standard layout to this.

m0ro_ t1_iuciscw wrote

Speaking as an 1800 owner and lover....GIMME

DrLatency t1_iuczf8x wrote

It should be unique to this board, doesn't seem like Jojo studio gave this layout a name in their IC post for M93, I guess calling it 93 or something similar would make sense, though idk if you can find another board like this rn

4CID_bs t1_iud825d wrote

It looks like 1800 but i think its missing a row

Hi_I_Guess__ t1_iud9ou1 wrote

I know I'm probably wrong (I'm mildly new to keebs) but I think this is a 96 percent

Shv1nx_ t1_iudoxl8 wrote

70 or 75% i think

FormalChicken t1_iudtbe7 wrote

It looks like some jacked up 96%. Every 96 I've seen is compact, no spacing between the num pad like this.

WhoIsRodrix t1_iudy72k wrote

It’s called 95%. I’ve used it for a while on my first mech now, and it’s absolutely amazing, only one key longer than a TKL without the useless [ for me ] nav keys and with the useful [ for me ] numpad. Akko 3098b with Akko CS Jelly Pink. Amazing keyboard with foam, Aluminum plate, PBT caps and hotswap.

Bierdigan_ t1_iue6bx5 wrote

Is OP looking for this exact board or just something in the ballpark of that layout? Probably a fairly large difference in price between the two

walterjrscs OP t1_iueblcz wrote

People pointed out this is the JoJo m93. I was mostly looking to see if this layout has a name so I can look for similar keyboards but sounds like this is not a very standard layout.

Bierdigan_ t1_iuetlta wrote

For sure. I saw a lot of the comments were getting into the nitty gritty but I was curious what it was you were really aiming for in the end. It's not standard, but it's definitely standard adjacent haha, the most uniqueness seems to mostly just be in the placement of the numpad/arrow keys/blocker area

darknessblades t1_iueg9x8 wrote

90% northpaw [southpaw but with the numpad on the right]

WrathofCorg t1_iuf0fyy wrote

I really like the color of this board. I’m new to the hobby and trying to find something like this in a full or TLK. Anybody know of one that isn’t 269 dollars for a barebones board?

amuro_rei t1_iuf8xq2 wrote

compact keyboard with numpad are often called 96 but the proper term is the "1800 Compact" and yes there are 96 keys. :)

difference between this and the full size keyboard is on the full size there are ample space between the numpad, function keys and main keyboard whereas in the 1800 compact all of those keys are smack back stuck together to eliminate all those space.

[deleted] t1_iufqt3v wrote

Whatever it is, it’s missing the + and - for numpad:(

istarian t1_iug0xus wrote

FWIW there can be more than one correct name.

Merjia t1_iucbb7v wrote

I’ve mostly seen them called 96%

Defco t1_iucg8r9 wrote

Too big 😂

−2

RoycevanBeethoven t1_iucdvg7 wrote

I don't think this is an 1800. 1800s generally have a numpad on the right, but this doesn't.

−3

MayAsWellStopLurking t1_iuce77z wrote

It has a numpad but no -/+ and enter column

RoycevanBeethoven t1_iucfbnu wrote

I'm not sure where you got your definition of numpad, but numpads contain four columns with the mathematical operations you mentioned.

−5

raptor102888 t1_iucfkm8 wrote

I think 0 through 9 arranged in a 3 x 4 grid can absolutely be called a "numpad". It's just not a tenkey.

RoycevanBeethoven t1_iucg8aw wrote

I'm not sure when definitions changed for the numeric keypad, but it's always be 17 keys where I grew up, plus minus a couple of keys.

−4

raptor102888 t1_iucgh2h wrote

Yeah I don't think we're speaking in terms of strict definitions here. He just meant it has a numpad minus the last column. And I don't think saying it that way was confusing to anyone.

ifancytacos t1_iucmlh9 wrote

This is needlessly pedantic. We all agree that it isn't a full numpad and that this isn't a standard 1800 or 96% layout because of that, but saying it doesn't have a numpad is just wrong. It does. It just isn't a standard numpad, and that's what makes this a non-standard layout

MayAsWellStopLurking t1_iucm14l wrote

While we’re being pedantic, 1800 also doesn’t accurately describe it as the arrow cluster on the g80-1800 has some separation from the alpha cluster as well.

In that case, there’s no actual shorthand term to describe this keyboard, so I guess it’s just a unicorn ¯_(ツ)_/¯

RoycevanBeethoven t1_iucmwwo wrote

I apologize. I almost forgot for a moment which subreddit I'm on. After all, I'm in r/MechanicalKeyboards, where having a genuine opinion that differs from the majority of people is equivalent to being pedantic. Thank you once again for the reminder. I truly appreciate it.

I would also like to point out that I believe you're right in your assessment with the arrow cluster. This might be a variant of the standard 1800 layout, but not actually the 1800 layout. I think it's a cool layout though.