Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

irishhank t1_j8zpzeg wrote

https://www.congress.gov/member/john-fetterman/F000479

Cosponsor of 13 bills or resolutions in a month? of work. Not sure how much they’ve been in session. Maybe it’s a waste to you but to me it looks like he’s doing his job. Sucks he’s having a rough time and hope he’s back to work soon.

ChickenGreaseLips OP t1_j90x5ab wrote

Co-sponsor, as in signing his name to a bill.

13 signatures a month, what a workhorse.

irishhank t1_j9108he wrote

He’s a fucking freshman senator in his first month on the job. What did you want from him? Do you know what he did the days the senate wasn’t in session? Just sat around and did nothing right? I’m sure you know what all the other senators did and how they’ve done so much more work than fetterman, right? Do you know what the typical daily duties of a senator actually are?

What do you want from people? You want them to say “oh damn I should have gone against all my principles and beliefs and voted for Oz?” Do you think this is gonna convert hundreds of thousands of democrats to republicans? Yeah, not gonna happen. You asked a stupid question as a front to trash the man who had a stroke. Clown.

ChickenGreaseLips OP t1_j91l03p wrote

No, Oz was a loser from the jump, so there’s no reason anyone should convert for him. Conversion in general doesn’t help anyone.

But people, I presume like yourself, have raised Fetterman up as a folk hero, who is going to make a difference. In the end, just like all the others, he is a career politician just like all the others, playing his role as the progressive savior.

What do I want people to do? Ideally, realize none of these people on either team care about you. Stop putting any trust in them, because all they do is take. Be independent, think critically.