Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

ChatNoir33 OP t1_jb0t4yz wrote

I heard that the union wasn’t too keen on putting telework into the contract and are actually discussing calling union staff back into the office in August.

Arcangel613 t1_jb0v3al wrote

Yeah and I also heard that at that meeting two weeks ago they'd be telling us we are back in full time.

Then I was told actually we're going to be told we're doing three days a week in the office...

Then I was told actually it's just managers going to get called back three days first.....

Oh actually, managers are gonna be coming in full time...

My point is, unless you get it in writing from the governers office, stop believing all these stupid back to work rumors flying around.

Let the office pessamists work themselves up, dont feed into it by spreading all those rumors. Like I said, talk to your union rep about your telework opinions, tell them you want to telework. Or If you aren't in the union consider joining so that you can voice your concerns yourself.

ChatNoir33 OP t1_jb10pau wrote

I’ve been trying to be the voice of reason in my office about the rumors, but it does get exhausting.

thenewtbaron t1_jb14j5z wrote

Well, there is something to be said for being a voice of reason. However, I have seen the state do dumb dumb things regarding state employees for decades now. Oh, the republican congress and republican governor starts not to pay into the pensions, cool... then they complain about the pensions being underfunded and have cut the pension - on of the things that really brings folks into the state employement.

They also don't do half measures or easy situations, like if I could go into the office when I want to, i'd be in more often but it would have to be every wednesday or one wednesday every month, similar to the AWS bullshit. I'm not doing that, i'm staying home full time if i can.

It is possible that the union gets telework into the new contract and those usually do include general management level staff as well, since it is easier but it is possible that management level are not included in that.

ScienceWasLove t1_jb1xqzs wrote

Our teaches union (in Central PA) is currently grieving the jobs of the online only teachers that are working from home.