Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

GTholla t1_jck2akt wrote

I feel like it's a little disingenuous to say young people aren't going to college because there's less of us. As a person in that age range, no matter how much I may want to go to college, it's just not feasible to do so when you can't find a job that pays more than 14$ an hour and most of that goes to rent and food :(

gmm1978 t1_jck33n1 wrote

What i am saying is simply statistical. Because we have less people in the 18-24 age range, means less are going to college. They're still going, except there is not as many in the population.

If you want to go to school you can. Maybe you can't go away to school, maybe you have to start a community college part time. Its simply not accurate you can't make it happen, if you really want it. Stop listening to all the people saying how difficult it is. Life is difficult. The good news your young, this is the time to go after it. I put myself through school with no help from anyone. Don't say you can't, because you can.

−4

GTholla t1_jck4nd7 wrote

I appreciate that you think that, but when you have 40$ left over at the end of every week, and the closest community college costs 10k in tuition, it's just really not doable. I understand you did it, but that does not mean I have the same means or circumstances as you.

gmm1978 t1_jck5oh2 wrote

I have been there before. When you have to pay with change to put gas in your car. I would not say this to a young person lightly. It may not be want we want to do, but there is financial aid. Yes, it's ugly and it can put you into debt. But if you're responsible and invest in yourself, it can work. Most schools have jobs on campus you can make a few extra bucks between classes. Its not for everyone, but joim the National Guard. Tuition will be basically free at State schools including most community colleges. Don't be discouraged until you look at everything thats out there. Then you have to be willing to put that extra time and work into it. Do that, commit to that and you will move yourself forward. Maybe not as fast, but you can make slow and steady progress.

drxdrg08 t1_jckm60q wrote

> What i am saying is simply statistical.

You are on Reddit.

If 2+2=4 could somehow be interpreted as anti-agenda, you would be down voted.

Reddit is where dumb people come to confirm their biases.