Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

queensekhmet t1_iy8rzbp wrote

Lmao no. I just want to get a medical card without having to change my DL and car insurance.

laughingmeeses t1_iy8s8zc wrote

Medicaid?

queensekhmet t1_iy8sc2n wrote

No, medical marijuana.

laughingmeeses t1_iy8siig wrote

You're going to have to get a fresh script. No way around that one.

queensekhmet t1_iy8spws wrote

Well I already got approved for it. I just didn't realize at the time that you had to have a Pennsylvania ID. I thought I could just show my apt lease or a bill to prove residency. Oh well.

laughingmeeses t1_iy8tk8b wrote

Need for marijauna is state based. Generally scripts are recognized but you're in some funny territory. You will probably have to see a doctor in PA and again, justify your need.

Don't be surprised if the doctor gives or prescribes something different.

put_it_in_the_air t1_iy8yvov wrote

How did you get approved? You need to have a PA drivers license or ID to first register in the program - ie: you need to be a resident. That has to happen before you can get certified by a physician. You would need to change residency in order to qualify.

https://www.pa.gov/guides/pennsylvania-medical-marijuana-program/

queensekhmet t1_iy8zi5d wrote

I used one of those online companies that a friend here told me he used when he moved. It was like a 2 minute phone call where I basically just told the doctor I have anxiety and insomnia and he was like ok, you're approved. It was a little unsettling actually, I could tell he did not give a f at all and just wanted to be on his way.

put_it_in_the_air t1_iy90jbi wrote

Something doesn't smell right here. They should have been making sure you were registered on the PA portal (https://padohmmp.custhelp.com/app/login) already. No account there, no way for them to approve you for the program as there is no way for the state to assign a medical card #. Sounds like they were just happy to make their money though. You might want to take this over to one of the 2 PA medical marijuana subs: r/paMedicalMarijuana and/or r/TheRealPAMMJ

reverendsteveii t1_iy8zz6j wrote

Slightly off topic but can I ask what company you used? Also, did you have any previous diagnoses for anxiety or insomnia?

queensekhmet t1_iy906od wrote

It's called FadeMD. And I do have previous diagnoses for anxiety and insomnia but they didn't ask for any paperwork proving that or anything.

SBRH33 t1_iy8wdq0 wrote

If you are living in one state and driving a car registered and insured in a different state you are committing insurance fraud.

States have residency laws and it gets complicated when you bring a car into the mix as an out of state college student.

You need to get a PA DL and have yer vehicle registered and insured in PA.

This can catch up with you if you are ever stopped or get into a traffic accident, especially if yer in Philly where insurance rates are through the roof.

queensekhmet t1_iy8x776 wrote

Well our insurance rep is aware that I am currently living out of state and said it is no problem since I am here to go to school. Where it really gets complicated though, is that I'm here for grad school and realistically don't know if I will be returning to TX after I graduate. So I do want to change my residency to PA eventually, but since I just got my car registered before I moved, I figured I could wait. Then we needed new car insurance so I also just got a new car insurance policy (based in TX).

The thing I guess I wasn't clear on was whether or not getting a state ID card would impact your DL..I thought since they aren't the same thing, and since I have a PA address, I could have both. But I see now how that is incorrect.

SBRH33 t1_iy9bufg wrote

True'ish

To clarify. If you wanted the PA MM Card you would have to establish residency there. This would trigger the PA residency requirements pertaining to your vehicle etcetera.

If you keep your legal address as yer parents address while attending college then nothing needs to he changed regarding insurance or registrations.

> Students who stay on campus year-round. Students who live on campus for the entire year instead of just during the school year may need to talk to their state’s DMV and their insurance company to see if any modifications to the vehicle’s registration or insurance policy are necessary.