Comments

You must log in or register to comment.

BFreeFranklin t1_j036e53 wrote

Putting him on that list is ridiculous—and I’m pretty sure he’d agree.

Also, who cares? He’s going to be a senator, not a model.

jonkoTHEslug t1_j03a7sw wrote

I just ran to the pharmacy quickly with shorts and a zipped up jacket and as soon as I got outside I thought "goddamnit Fetterman"

Alternative-Flan2869 t1_j03b85a wrote

He absolutely has his own style. And it works well for the big guy.

Inner-Figure5047 t1_j03djt7 wrote

I saw the NYT article and originally assumed the Fetterman they were talking about was Gisele.

I think style is very separate from fashion. His style is very representative of the areas he has served. He also brought a very cool Levi's campaign into Braddock back in the day.... But ya know I'm just some Pennsylvanian redditor typing this dressed in a hoodie and shorts.

hvacthrowaway223 t1_j03ftjz wrote

I would also mock anyone putting him on “most stylish” list. He is almost anti-stylish.

axeville t1_j03ow2d wrote

Finally we have a case of acktuallll vote fraud...

But dammit where is my carhartt flannel?

−3

axeville t1_j03p3b9 wrote

Hold up which Fetterman? Mrs Fetterman can def pull votes in style awards (esp in Steelers country)

Stonecutter_12-83 t1_j0412kt wrote

I'm glad to finally have someone not wear a suit every waking moment

eternalrefuge86 OP t1_j042wtd wrote

Exactly. I relate 💯 to how he dresses. I voted for him and am registered Republican. It was an easy choice between him and that carpetbagging, grifting, snake oil salesman.

And I’m also not surprised the republicans rip on him for his attire meanwhile voting for a Muslim when they are typically incredibly xenophobic.

lanfear2020 t1_j044l6g wrote

I mean he definitely has a style

GaviFromThePod t1_j0493ky wrote

You know what? I’m not mad at it. Dress for comfort.

nashuanuke t1_j049jv5 wrote

Breaking: NY Post disparages NYT

Yawn

Mor_Tearach t1_j04do4f wrote

They can mock, he's still Fetterman. OH and a Senator. And genuinely doesn't care.

PPQue6 t1_j04e3uk wrote

It's the NY Post, I wouldn't take it seriously.

Sprinkles_Hopeful t1_j04gzt5 wrote

That's how we roll here don't need to impress anyone!!

Ancient_Kapnobatai t1_j04kgd1 wrote

She dreams in color, she dreams in red

Can't beat a Fetterman

Can't beat a Fetterman

Annahsbananas t1_j04klhf wrote

He may not be stylish but he's real as f*ck

My bf and I could totally have some beers and a pizza with him and not feel like we're eating with a politician

−1

thoracetron t1_j04l5rh wrote

FYI spotted lanternfly was also on the NYT stylish list

BeatsMeByDre t1_j04q6b3 wrote

He did his acceptance speech in a hoodie and goddamnit that's the most PA thing ever

stahleo t1_j04tuks wrote

The New York Times slowly degrades ever so more into the abyss of irrelevance as they declare "hoodie man" the epitome of fashion.

MemeWindu t1_j04wpmo wrote

Wtf? Thats exactly how I dress when I'm relaxing. If that's not stylish I don't know what is

INVUJerry t1_j04xpwo wrote

I laughed out loud so hard

While I’m literally wearing a hoodie with a black metal band logo on it and beanie.

So glad I voted for this guy

kidneycat t1_j04xr0e wrote

You guys are goofy. Have you seen Billie Eilish? It’s the same style.

TreeMac12 t1_j06mz8u wrote

'To mock Fetterman for dressing like a lot of us..."

Way to not read the headline before posting. It's the New York Times being mocked, not JF.

axeville t1_j06urhm wrote

Fashion is a major industry in New York City. Entire blocks of the city devoted to design/mfg of clothing. Also every major fashion brand has a flagship store (or several) in the city. Museum of Fashion, Fashion Institute of Technology etc.

Cute_Platypus_5989 t1_j06vwwj wrote

He does look like he is from the burgh. Everyone knows the burgh has the best fashion

Otter592 t1_j06wq5k wrote

That's not what the article is about at all. It's basically a list of the most culturally relevant/impactful people or things of the year. Spotted Lanternfly was also on the list for example.

worstatit t1_j06zwem wrote

First, can't take this too seriously, second, it takes an amazing person to turn lack of style into "most stylish".

Caution999 t1_j070nuc wrote

He wears hoodies and jackets like that to cover up that growth on his neck. He wore a hoodie to a literal wedding the other day. A wedding!

AhPshaw t1_j070w3e wrote

And remember, the late Queen made the list. Anyone out there who considered that "stylish" past 1965?

rehtulx t1_j07aade wrote

I’m a director at a management consulting firm and my wife is an attorney—that (or female equivalent) is how we both usually dress on a day to day basis.

strawberryblondemoon t1_j07vk6h wrote

Seriously 😂 I never voted for Uncle Festerman but leave him alone. This is PA normal casual wear even in dead of winter

rivershimmer t1_j0dnjsy wrote

Same for southwest PA. I can only assume that his team did studies that showed a Republican had a better chance of winning a statewide race in Pennsylvania than in Jersey. But they didn't do enough research on types of Republicans.