Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

MadLove1348 OP t1_j8fuohb wrote

Not an Alice In Chains fan myself, but my husband is. But years ago they would get like 6-8 bands a year I would want to see. Now it’s 0-1. Just a bummer because we spend so much traveling to venues outside of RI we can only afford 1-2 shows a year when we used to be able to do one annual outside of RI trip and multiple local shows.

PJfanRI t1_j8g7u80 wrote

I thought your concern was the quality? You might not a be a fan of AiC, but Cantrell is a major get.

lovecraft_401 t1_j8gf4vn wrote

It’s not a major get. It might be a good show that you’ll enjoy, but Jerry Cantrell and Alice In Chains hasn’t been relevant for 25 years.

Proof-Variation7005 t1_j8ig2cd wrote

Alice In Chains sold out a 20,000 capacity amphitheater like 4 months ago as a headliner and still pull 7 million listeners on Spotify. Radio stations are still going to play those songs a couple times a day, people still want to go see them.

They might be 25 years removed from a hit but they’re still a pretty big name on the strength of the hits in that 5-6 year run.

That being said, Cantrell isn't really a huge get. It's a nice show for a certain demographic that still will go out to see him. I don't know if he's going to sell out a midweek show here but the show probably sells 75% or more. Then he'll go sell out the place half that size north of Boston later in the week.

PJfanRI t1_j8gfssi wrote

They haven't been? I thought they were still doing national tours at large venues. I guess I didn't see them at the Comcast Center in Mansfield? Any idea who I did see?

There were a lot of people there to see an irrelevant band.

This might shock you, but there is still a lot of demand to see 90s rock.

Next you're going to try to tell me Pearl Jam is irrelevant lol.

−5

mkmck t1_j8hw3vn wrote

>They haven't been? I thought they were still doing national tours at large venues.

So is Loverboy. What's your point?

PJfanRI t1_j8hwto6 wrote

That people still find them relevant.

What's your point exactly?

lovecraft_401 t1_j8ggda2 wrote

It hasn’t been the Comcast Center since 2013.

PJfanRI t1_j8ggmn9 wrote

It hasn't been Greatwoods since 99, nor the tweeter center for 15 years. And yet people still call it both.

So what's your point?