Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

fishythepete t1_j8q0axx wrote

Reply to comment by waninggib in Costco? by AHoneyNamedRenee

Nothing more Cranston than saying “hey build something here, but not some place too many people would want to go”. They’re saving the spot for the Twin Oaks of retail I guess.

ETA someone mentioned BJs is 10 mins away so sounds like they’ve got it covered.

AHoneyNamedRenee OP t1_j8q18lq wrote

Bro.. Twin Oaks is such an overrated shit hole. 😂

But wtf else could they put there!? We have Garden City, Chapel View, all of Reservoir Ave... I want COSTCO God dammit! Lol

waninggib t1_j8q50xx wrote

I mean, there’s literally a BJ’s like 10 minutes away though. Cranston doesn’t need a Costco.

−6

fishythepete t1_j8q67zf wrote

Yeah BJs is the Twin Oaks of warehouse stores.

waninggib t1_j8q77jh wrote

I’m not debating which is better, I’m pointing out there’s no actual need for another warehouse store within a 10 minute radius.

fishythepete t1_j8q89g5 wrote

Hmm… who do I think has put more thought and research into this..? The company making a multimillion dollar investment or a random on Reddit?

I have a BJs and a Costco membership, even though I hit Costco like 3-4x / year. If Costco was there, I imagine cranston would again have only one warehouse store after a couple years, and everyone there would be better off for it.

waninggib t1_j8q94zx wrote

There is literally an article posted here about this very thing, so I’m not sure why you feel like this is something we need to debate.

−3

fishythepete t1_j8rh0ej wrote

The article that says a bunch of residents are against it…?

Costco isn’t in the business of building stores where there isn’t demand for them. Your perception of the area’s need for another warehouse store is based on your feelings. Costco’s perception that the area needs one is based on facts. I know which one I’d put money on.

−1

waninggib t1_j8rharr wrote

They’re not building it there, so it looks like you lost that bet.

−1

fishythepete t1_j8rhi8d wrote

Shocking that reading comprehension isn’t your strong point, but the comment was whether or not the demand existed (the area would benefit from a Costco) not whether or not a bunch of NIMBYs could block development.

AHoneyNamedRenee OP t1_j8rq665 wrote

But, they are building it. 😂

Caprionato and Costo are done deal, but the state wants Caprionato to foot the bill for adding ramps to rt 37. I'm sure once that plan is in place, they'll announce it.

Are you still here talking nonsense?

sailri t1_j8rlkyj wrote

There is actual want though. I have membership to both. Proximity has little to do with it.

fishythepete t1_j8rpksy wrote

Yup. Only ones with something to lose are Amazon (Whole Foods) and BJs.