Comments

You must log in or register to comment.

Unique-Public-8594 t1_isf6xrl wrote

Johnson vax recommended only as last option due to risk of blood clots. Are you not ok with getting Pfiser or Moderna?

Nevvermind183 OP t1_isf7h07 wrote

No, it’s for my wife and unfortunately need to get J&J, but can’t find It.

katieleehaw t1_isf97y9 wrote

Can you try your doctor or your wife’s doctor?

Nevvermind183 OP t1_isf9vkc wrote

Our doctor doesn’t do Covid vax

milkweed420- t1_isfbuz4 wrote

What

Nevvermind183 OP t1_isfe1m8 wrote

Our doctor doesn’t provide Covid vaccines. Says to go to a pharmacy.

saucyname t1_isfej5l wrote

Not all doctors offices are allowed to do all vaccines. The DOH can actually pull their vaccine permissions if they have too many instances with things like the fridge being out of temp. The Covid Vax has to be kept super cold so they might not have the right freezer type to stock it.

SeanRobertsFerngully t1_isgln18 wrote

They don't want to deal with ordering or monitoring. COVID vax is fine at regular fridge for 4 to 10 weeks depending on which one. It's just not worthwhile for them to do the extra work to stay vaccinating unless they're a large practice with someone dedicated to managing the vaccines. State requires continuous monitoring devices for all state supplies vaccine and also require you to record and document waste.

yeehawkalian t1_isfelta wrote

Ik Miriam hospital was doing j&j specifically but that was a year ago so idk if they’re still doing it

Megs0226 t1_isgc33n wrote

Try an independent pharmacy.

jbibby21 t1_isf7reg wrote

Shaws in north providence had them when I got mine

saucyname t1_isff08a wrote

Miriam hospital was the place everyone I know got it, they were running a clinic for people who had potential for reactions to vaccines and were administering the J&J one. The waitlist was like 2 month out though for a while. Not sure if they’re still running the clinic or not. The lifespan site only mentions their urgent cares have specifically have Moderna.

masshole_mom t1_isfjmba wrote

If you go to vaccines.gov you can enter your zip code and search by vaccine. A list of pharmacies that carry J&J should pop up.

Nevvermind183 OP t1_isfjqow wrote

I tried that, but everyone doesn’t have it. Walgreens, CVS, Stop & Shop all come up but nobody has it

SeanRobertsFerngully t1_isgk1z3 wrote

A lot of them expired in August/September. If a pharmacy doesn't update their on hand qty in the computer then it won't update in vax finder unfortunately

RobotUnicorn046 t1_isjj162 wrote

Just to put your mind at ease. mRNA is not gene therapy and proved itself to work better than an attenuated strain

Spider_Moltisanti t1_isgxmgy wrote

Do yourself the favor and stay away from the vaccine. I had 3 family members die from complications.

−10

[deleted] t1_ishjyiv wrote

I had a friend who was sick with liver problems and got the vaccine and died.

Spider_Moltisanti t1_ishs7fo wrote

A relative died from acute diverticulitis from the vaccine and two went into kidney failure. None of them had any prior health issues (low bmi, healthy cholesterol, active, etc)