Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

zebrawithflowers t1_iycd3cz wrote

Too fah by RI standards, but I'm a fan of New Harvest and Borealis. Bolt is very good, too.

Double_Farmer_2662 t1_iyd4um3 wrote

Loveeee New Harvest!! Urban Greens grocery store in providence has New Harvest in the bulk area, so you can always fill up small bags with just a little of the different roasts so you can try them before you buy a regular sized bag.

Have bought beans from Borealis, but the coffee is always very ‘dark’ tasting. They are great because if you buy a whole bean bag, they will grind it for you specific to which coffee brewing method you use!

I’m trying to put together a coffee advent calendar with 12 different flavors, it will include 2 roasts from 6 different roasters in the state!

sailri t1_iyd6xtb wrote

I have to defend Borealis here.

One of the Godfathers of coffee is George Howell, who sold his Boston Coffee Connection to Starbucks in early 90s. He has constantly talked about the trend to over roasted coffees, regardless of the bean’s origin. The caramel roasted taste overcomes the coffee’s brightness. You can get George’s beans at Seven Stars Bakery sites.

I appreciate Borealis for not over roasting as well as for their single source beans from individual coffee estates, but they also have their consistent go to house blends.

Trust me most are medium or lighter roast. In Bristol and Riverside.