Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

Rickshmitt t1_iwmmnf7 wrote

It does make sense. Gonna be annoying for a few years. Exit 25 old exit 3

12stringPlayer t1_iwn2n40 wrote

Not for me - I'll still be off Exit 1!

I'm waiting for the sign on 95S to change from "No Exit 4" to "No Exit 12 (old No Exit 4)

darthduder666 t1_iwnc2g6 wrote

Dude Exit 1 here too. Our exit falls around 0.4 miles. So technically our exit should be Exit 0 if they’re following the rounding rules. 😂

I was hoping they’d make it Exit 0 because that would just be badass.

Rickshmitt t1_iwn3fbb wrote

Lol. We will all bond over No exit 4. Also i think theres a local band by that name

kdex86 t1_iwo2qc6 wrote

I’m pretty sure any and all “no exit xx” signs were removed, as they were tied to a sequential system.

monkysandtools t1_iwsb2wy wrote

The last time I check "No Exit 17" is still up over at RT10

kdex86 t1_iwssp6x wrote

That could confuse drivers, as it’s between exits 33 and 35 now.

lazydictionary t1_iwn6ref wrote

Who the fuck uses exit numbers as a local? I just look at the city/town name or know what exit to take without seeing the number at all

−7

darthduder666 t1_iwnc89m wrote

That is very Rhode Island of you dude.

lazydictionary t1_iwnm3xk wrote

I've lived in Colorado, Texas, and upstate NY - I've never used exit numbers unless it was a road trip.

I don't understand why locals would complain about exit numbers. There are people out there who really memorized "I take exit 6" and if they don't they'll miss their turn?

Firebird22x t1_iwnhkoc wrote

Growing up in Jersey that was a main way of knowing where someone was from if you’re in another area.

You’re from Linden? I’m not sure where that is. Oh exit 136 off the Parkway? That’s only like 15 miles from me, yeah we should meet up some time