Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

SmackEh t1_ja7j4wu wrote

Everyone has something unique.

Nobody (literally) thinks exactly the same, because nobody has the exact same life experiences and the exact same education or the exact same personality or the exact same physiology.

RubyTavi OP t1_ja7jnb9 wrote

Every snowflake is unique, but they all have the same properties. A difference that makes no difference is no difference. Out of 8 billion people, an x percent (however small) will share your life experiences, education, and even personality and physiology.

SmackEh t1_ja7l2k6 wrote

Every difference makes a difference.

Even your opinion right now (even though it's wrong) allows us to have this very discussion... a discussion that has merit.

HowWeDoingTodayHive t1_ja8k726 wrote

How exactly is their opinion wrong? Yeah you can order cheese pizza every single day for every single meal, from the same exact place, and while every one of those pizzas is “different”, I’d wager you would get sick of it before very long because it all tastes the same. The differences between each individual pizza is really not enough to care about.

LiamTheHuman t1_ja90y6d wrote

The way I see it you guys are arguing the two sides of the scale but haven't said where the balance is for each of you.

If everyone is not unique then at what point do the differences stop mattering for you?

RubyTavi OP t1_ja7tb9l wrote

I would posit that x number of people out of 8 billion have has the same thought I posted...and that it is less wrong than you think.

−4

Zucc-ya-mom t1_ja8d2sq wrote

But they didn’t. You were the one to post this.

RubyTavi OP t1_ja8i6k4 wrote

I said had the same thought...not posted it.

Every time I have had a comment to make in a thread I have scrolled through and found out someone else has said it. There is nothing miraculously unique about me or my thoughts.

−3

Zucc-ya-mom t1_ja8ji2h wrote

>I said had the same thought...not posted it.

Which makes you… unique.

Crazy to think that you share at least 99% of your genome with every human to ever exist, yet you were the one to post this.

RubyTavi OP t1_ja8qwjk wrote

I was just the first. (Maybe. I haven't checked the archives.) And now maybe the next person won't because I already did.

−1

LiamTheHuman t1_ja91b3e wrote

Exactly. So because we only see your comment, we know you are the only one who had the thought to post it and then did. This makes you unique.