Comments

You must log in or register to comment.

rotciv34 t1_je9qpgt wrote

If a person is getting attacked and is brave, they will yell at the animal and try to scare it, which would be equivalent to roaring. Screaming is more so to alert other humans to come help in a hurry

bkydx t1_je9v0ku wrote

Roaring is a display of intimidation. (Humans don't really roar)

Screaming is to alert others for help.

Neither is to "scare" animals.

Humans hunted every single animal on the planet.

If an animal goes near a pack of humans it's likely to be eaten and they are more scared of us.

We did not evolve to run around scaring our food away.

Dannydevitz t1_je9vanv wrote

People falling from tall buildings scream to scare away any attacking bald eagles.

KingOfTheHlll t1_jeajm86 wrote

Screaming is asking for help or alerting others about the danger

notacanuckskibum t1_jeal6ez wrote

This. One human could fall prey to an animal, but bunches of humans are a super predator. Working in teams is our super power.

drintelligent t1_jeaoao1 wrote

I like to imagine humans walking around then suddenly a lion tears one of them apart, and as he is screaming the rest of the gang are taking notes

"hm yes, lion bad"

undercoverpickl t1_je9g4x5 wrote

I don’t whether you can necessarily equate screaming and roaring, but they both share many of the same use case scenarios, so you’re basically right.

An animal will use a roar in order to intimidate. However, I’d expect they normally do so voluntarily, whereas a human screaming out of fear is essentially involuntary.

Showerthoughts_Mod t1_je9faiy wrote

This is a friendly reminder to read our rules.

Remember, /r/Showerthoughts is for showerthoughts, not "thoughts had in the shower!"

(For an explanation of what a "showerthought" is, please read this page.)

Rule-breaking posts may result in bans.

garry4321 t1_jebd33s wrote

No, its to alert the tribe to danger. You yell to scare animals, you scream when you are scared.

Altruistic_Ad6189 t1_jecb5eh wrote

My voice gets stuck in my throat when I'm really scared and I can't make a sound. Does this make me a non evolved person?

Razur_1 OP t1_jeddhls wrote

I think you just managed to return to monkey, good job, only 0.4% of people complete this quest