Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

Jwombat t1_iuwfxi0 wrote

It is a major headline though? Not sure how much more attention you want than every major news outlet covering the story

trabbler t1_iuwh3e1 wrote

Maybe it's just my news feed, but I'm seeing netanyahu elected, then Pakistan PM shot and leg, some crap about Biden, Ukraine nuclear power plant without power, the Russia's economy, hurricane Martin, the quality of New Delhi's air?? Turkeys inflation, Germany's deal with China, something else about the stampede in Seoul, and finally a story from the guardian on the end of the Ethiopian civil war.

Anyway, I'm very very happy to hear the news that this conflict is winding down. This has been one of the most horrific atrocities of the 21st century so far.

SeattleBasedENT t1_iux74y7 wrote

The west has a habit of instigating conflict in Africa and not reporting about it back home.

https://www.npr.org/2021/08/12/1027183677/cia-role-in-africa-expanded-as-u-s-cold-war-worries-grew-white-malice-details

Tony2Punch t1_iuyuz3y wrote

Like the fact that there is an ongoing war in the DRC that has more life lost than WWII should speak volumes to the fact that minerals and precious metals are still being extracted there and sent overseas without any interruption.

People often roll their eyes at "The west is bad" narrative, but there has to be some EV companies(Every car manufacturer world wide) bankrolling warlords there to guarantee there is no logistical issues.

terraclara t1_iuz5axa wrote

On Google News, it's the second headline under "World" for me, right under Netanyahu.

Doctor__Hammer t1_iuwhhmj wrote

I’m not seeing it in the headlines of any of my sources... US outlets or foreign

kytheon t1_iuxo2x0 wrote

Go watch Euronews, it was in the 10m news block.

One_Hand_Smith t1_iuyfk9j wrote

Don't think you looked really hard, some googling shows new york times, washington post, and wall street journal.

Those were the only 3 I looked for and all 3 had articles. I think I can safely say with a 3 out of 3, every major newspaper covered it.

Doctor__Hammer t1_iuyl3rk wrote

I didn’t say they didn’t have articles, I said it wasn’t in headlines