Comments

You must log in or register to comment.

tdogg241 t1_iwh9hmv wrote

You went with "Capital Puget" instead of "South Puget Sound," eh?

Tell me you're not from WA without telling me you're not from WA...

Codetornado t1_iwhia8g wrote

Also... It would be Capitol region if they mean that Olympia is there...

TerryJerryMaryHarry OP t1_iwhl5pk wrote

I'm in Snohomish County, I've lived here since 2014 and was in whatcom from 2012 to 2014, im not native to WA, but I've lived here for the majority of my life

−4

ardesofmiche t1_iwh483g wrote

Me living in Yakima county, surrounded by sage and farmlands

Hmmmmm

Rocketgirl8097 t1_iwhgagy wrote

This is geographical regions not cultural.

TerryJerryMaryHarry OP t1_iwhq7uz wrote

Washington doesn't really have significance cultural differences, they are shaped by population density, the geography of the region, and socioeconomic data

−4

SereneDreams03 t1_iwh9vk3 wrote

It is kinda funny that most of the biggest mountains in the state are not in your "mountains" region.

TerryJerryMaryHarry OP t1_iwhli5e wrote

It is funny, but I was pointing towards the real areas inbetween east and west Washington, which have mountains but not always the largest mountains

SereneDreams03 t1_iwhnoqo wrote

It's not a bad map honestly, the only changes I might make would be to carve the central Washington Valleys out of the mountains region, Ellensburg and Yakima especially. Also I don't think I'd include Lewis County in the South Sound region, I feel like they might fit in better in the south region. Pacific is kinda a toss up, it's not really part of the peninsula, but it may have more in common with that area than the south region, from talking with people out there I get the feeling they always feel kinda left out and forgotten, which is understandable because there are not a whole lot of people that live out there anyway.

TerryJerryMaryHarry OP t1_iwhnwyd wrote

Yeah, I'm experimenting with washingtonian communities, trying to draw a map of them. This is kind of a large-scale version of it

lred1 t1_iwhj75e wrote

What's the purpose of this? East is east, north is north, ... so what? Would you care to add something of significance to your seeming attempt at something relevant or profound?

Famous-Examination-8 t1_iwk0sd7 wrote

It's interesting to me. I'm in the East Coast but my favorite family live there. Trying to get to know it.

TerryJerryMaryHarry OP t1_iwhkicv wrote

Just a bit of a meme, anyways, this you?

−2

lred1 t1_iwhl5fl wrote

Yeah, I give, you're so profound. Put some effort into your meme posting and you might not get replies like mine. What is your point? What are you trying to say? Put some effort into engaging your audience.

TerryJerryMaryHarry OP t1_iwhld3c wrote

Who said I wanted to engage an audience, I just expressed my feeling, lol

−4

lred1 t1_iwhmmns wrote

Well, perhaps you should figure out a better way of doing that expressing. It's not the fault of your readership that you are ambiguous in your post.

TerryJerryMaryHarry OP t1_iwhnbnc wrote

Dude, you don't have to act like you know every English word. It's a regional forum on fuckin reddit

−1

lred1 t1_iwhobjo wrote

I sincerely apologize for rhe rudimentary, yet surprisingly difficult to understand, verbage that I inadvertently used. Though, reading back, I am perplexed. Can you tell me which words you did not understand?

TerryJerryMaryHarry OP t1_iwhpc2w wrote

I understood them because you're using a 6th grade vocabulary to sound intelligent, I feel like I'm reading a problem where a middle-schooler had to use vocabulary they used in a sentence 🤣

Edit, don't be a grammar nazi to sound intelligent "because your using" changed to "because you're using" so you can finally coom to good grammar

warmweathermike t1_iwh6nvs wrote

One thing I learned living in Spokane, everything West of Ellensburg is all just considered Seattle or "the coast" by many here 😂

TerryJerryMaryHarry OP t1_iwhmtxf wrote

Same for the west, everything east of the mountains are "THOSE DAMN REPUBLICANS I HATE THEM THEYRE RUINING OUR STATE" or "The east"

warmweathermike t1_iwhoj32 wrote

Republicans and Democrats just ruin everything

−1

TerryJerryMaryHarry OP t1_iwhp3fb wrote

Yeah, i'm liberal and I have nothing against conservatives, but the party that they are forced to follow i despise

Future_Huckleberry71 t1_iwiokdi wrote

Your were born in Baltimore and moved here three years ago would be my guess. Famous debate refusers come from Baltimore.

TerryJerryMaryHarry OP t1_iwipt6v wrote

I'm from the UK, lol. I moved here a decade ago. And I've lived here for 3/4 of my life

Future_Huckleberry71 t1_iwirl3k wrote

So your humble opinion as a Pom about the state is undebatable and you'r 13 years old. Middle schoolers are pretty opinionated I guess.

TerryJerryMaryHarry OP t1_iwiuvua wrote

I'm 15, and what the hell is a Pom

Future_Huckleberry71 t1_iwk1pt3 wrote

Math challenged (3/4 of 15 is not 10) and doesn't know that Pommy is mild slander for Brits. Poorly informed and highly opinionated both. Fit right in with American pin heads.

TerryJerryMaryHarry OP t1_iwk9rfb wrote

Well if you said pommy I would have got it. And I'm running on like 2 hours of sleep, give me a break instead of acting like a dick

Lupine-lover t1_iwhgxcm wrote

Winthrop in the Mountains region has a pocket region of Central Puget.

TerryJerryMaryHarry OP t1_iwhqcay wrote

Yeah, the county borders are really funky, ill make a second version of this map on districtr.org

druidsflame t1_iwj4etd wrote

Mountains huh? The top 4 counties in that "region" would be the Okanogan and Pend Oreille regions.

There is such a thing as "Central Washington" look it up.

As for your "East" It is has the Columbia Basin and Palouse regions.

Capital Puget? Why not South Puget?

Lewis County is not a Puget region, it belongs in South West region; as does Pacific County.

​

Maybe have your teachers teach you a little more about the state you moved to before making up names for it and "refusing to debate" about it. TBH it sounds like you're throwing a tantrum online because your teachers did tell you that there was more to the state and you failed their test.

[deleted] t1_iwh80yg wrote

I respectfully disagree. My experience, and it’s just because I’ve lived in a few states, is that there really isn’t that much difference across the state culturally. All the rituals seem common and dissent is dissuaded through socioeconomic policy or construct. Not debating, but possibly stirring.

TerryJerryMaryHarry OP t1_iwhmp9e wrote

Well I believe you'd be right, Washington is pretty uniform in culture as compared to states like Illinois and Texas. But there are some slight differences that result from population density, industries, and wealth.

cakeo48 t1_iwklwe3 wrote

I'm not sure I'd say texas is a great example lol, I found it to have about the same variation as Washington when i lived there tbh. A state like Pennsylvania might be a better example imo.