Comments

You must log in or register to comment.

duffypat32 t1_j92969e wrote

It's not in Worcester but the Clinton reservoir. It's about 6 miles from the dam to the other side and back. Plus, all the stairs you can do for a great workout. Today you should dress for it, it's cold.

intheeyesofthelord t1_j91hhaz wrote

I used to have a really good 5K route. It’s mostly flat and a nice little run. Start Lovell @ Courtland. Go Lovell > Brownell > June > Highland > Fruit > Pleasant > Park > Chandler > Lovell/Courtland

D_is_for_Doomsayer t1_j91xjjy wrote

My fat ass is more of a hiker, but I can still recommend the Blackstone Valley Bike Path. Asphalt path, nice views, rarely crowded but always other people there in nice weather.

https://blackstoneheritagecorridor.org/exploring-the-blackstone-river-valley/maps-tours-guides/blackstone-river-bikeway/

OutrageousWatch1785 t1_j93n3ua wrote

This used to be a great path but there have been homeless encampments as of late.

SmartSherbet t1_j96lt1q wrote

Doesn't make it any less enjoyable to use.

OutrageousWatch1785 t1_j989zso wrote

The mere virtue of their existence does not, but trash, needles, and a general lack of sanitation does

Duderbot t1_j9270va wrote

You may want to check out the app alltrails. It provides info on parks, walking/biking trails, and hiking trails. It's pretty useful if you're into doing stuff like that.

doublesecretprobatio t1_j91cqho wrote

Folks run all over the city, do you have more specific criteria?

localguyman OP t1_j91ru6u wrote

Nothing specific, anything you’ve enjoyed running

Curiositydelay1sec t1_j91vxbt wrote

If you don’t mind hills, you can traverse Green Hill Park, Bell Hill, Elm Park, and Institute Park. You can run at Hope Cemetery if you have no qualms about it, which is flat. You can loop around Coe’s reservoir, Lake Quinsigamond, and Indian Lake. Anywhere you go, beware of Worcester drivers.