Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

atomicturkey27 t1_ir29fxr wrote

My wife and I just moved out of the area to Hudson and got FIOS immediately. It is SO MUCH better and cheaper too. Worcester really needs to get it together with internet. Spectrum is garbage. Glad you were able to find an alternative!

Virtual_Announcer OP t1_ir29v4d wrote

I miss my Fios so much. Grew up with it in the Merrimack Valley and had it in our old apartment near Boston. T-Mobile is more than enough for us.

atomicturkey27 t1_ir2tsg0 wrote

Yeah we got the slowest fios and it’s still so much faster and more reliable than spectrum

NativeMasshole t1_ir2wl81 wrote

The price is the real sticking point for me. I haven't had much of a problem with the service at my current apartment, it's actually decently fast too, but $80/month with another increase constantly looming is too much for the lowest tier. Only reason it's so high appears to be because they've had no competition.

AreYouNobody_Too t1_ir2xxhm wrote

> but $80/month

Huh?

I pay 60/mo for 200 mpbs for just me and my wife. We've been on it for 2 years now and are past promos. So that's just what we pay. Where do you pay 80?

NativeMasshole t1_ir2yfcs wrote

Out in the Quabbin towns. I've tried calling to get them to reduce it, but they basically told me to pound sand.

atomicturkey27 t1_ir3269k wrote

We had the exact same thing happen. We called and threatened to switch hoping to get a better rate and they said ok go ahead. Since there are no other options we had to stick with them

Aura426 t1_ir5sp72 wrote

$80? Im paying $90! I really hate spectrum and unfortunately its the only internet service I can find for my current address

operator_1337 t1_iry0t1q wrote

Meanwhile they're handing out free cable and internet to everyone it seemed like. Had a guy from charter trying to sign people up for it at my apartment the other day, he was there looking for residents who pre-qualified. He asked me if I was any of them, then for help locating their apartments, and we got to talking. Basically anyone on any sort of government assistance can get free cable and internet right now. People in college/school also can get a reduced rate.

Meanwhile we get stuck with an $80month shit tier only internet plan.

EridanusCorvus t1_ir42vdi wrote

There were Fios workers installing cables in my neighborhood not long ago, here's to hoping it is available soon!