Comments

You must log in or register to comment.

JoshSidekick t1_is87wzm wrote

Everyone just shows up for the event and a guy convinces them that there is no bike ride and they must be mistaken.

dpceee OP t1_is9ckqj wrote

I did think about that when I posted this!

dpceee OP t1_is74ph7 wrote

Another Reddit asked about this event awhile ago. I don't remember who it was, but I wanted to advertise this event here, because it's a pretty cool thing to do in the city!

Loislayna1982 t1_is7qc4s wrote

Men do not require a bike tour to gaslight in my experience

Seekay2022 t1_isbjd87 wrote

Hey hey wocka wocka. Try the veal. Loislayne1982 will be here all week. Tip your servers.

heyricochet t1_is8gmid wrote

If you're going bring something with low gears, Farnum St is no joke.

jg429 t1_is7nf2v wrote

this is awesome! I wish I was a biker. I love gas lamps, they're so pretty

dpceee OP t1_is9cp8e wrote

It would be in tense walk, and an all day affair, buy you could do it by foot!

My favorite light is probably the one near Newton square, on that weird public road that is only a sidewalk.

TonySpangs508 t1_is953wh wrote

A majority of the gas lights are on Institute Road near the Doherty end. There’s also one across from the VA that’s falling over.

dpceee OP t1_is9cqdc wrote

That sounds like a job for DPW!

moisheah t1_isb4llp wrote

Yes you can report that online ! Or check and see if someone already did. (There’s a map that shows reported open and closed issues)

reddit_account_12 t1_is84ire wrote

u/dpceee - You are the best! Thanks for remembering to post this for me! Enjoy the platinum!

dpceee OP t1_is9cj4a wrote

Well, you should thank my dad, he's the one who sent it to me!

bartlask t1_isa6zx3 wrote

This looks allot of fun, hopefully I'm not the only one to show up😁

dpceee OP t1_isaz3ic wrote

They do this every year, you shouldn't be!

drivethebendy16 t1_isacvlv wrote

How much of a hammer ride do you guys think this will be? Not a roadie usually but I’m in decent MTB shape

dpceee OP t1_isaz5yi wrote

I am not sure. I don't think it should be too too hard

UberMunkey t1_isc09r7 wrote

I believe they stop quite a bit over the ride, I don’t think it’s a straight out sprint by any means.

Just looked up my buddy’s strava who did it last year, just about 15 miles, 900 ft of elevation, in about 2 hours. Seems a pretty chill ride in my opinion.

doublesecretprobatio t1_iso81gp wrote

it is not at all. there are plenty of casual cyclists who join. the group stays together.

lukewarm_sax t1_ism6mz0 wrote

This sounds fun!! I'll be out of town unfortunately when it occurs so have to miss it, but it would be cool to organize more themed group bike ride events around town

doublesecretprobatio t1_issvt9y wrote

for anyone wondering, the ride is very accommodating. there are no drops and you will not be left behind. the point is not the ride so much as the community. obviously it is a 15 mile bike ride so you should be able to do that. this is a great time and an amazing way to tour the city. you will have a great time. so tune up your ride and join us!

dpceee OP t1_ist4rnc wrote

Thanks for answering. I was merely a messenger. I have never actually gone on one kf these rides.

slum_life_frownface t1_it687n6 wrote

I cannot think of a better way to run into a real-life group of slasher movie villains than this