Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

Rmcneil87 t1_j619qvw wrote

Lol, this is a pretty ridiculous statement. It’s more likely to be an error than some giant conspiracy to bill you more. I don’t think you have a clue how regulated that industry is. Especially in MA

dupattaluella OP t1_j61dxup wrote

Well, then they used an error to take advantage of someone who was calling and complaining for months, telling them multiple times they couldn't switch out the meter, then suddenly being able to switch out the meter.

Rmcneil87 t1_j68fe6x wrote

You and thousands of other people— utilities are not magic, they deal with hundreds of thousands of customers. It’s an impossible ask to expect immediate answers or change. You should post your bills from the previous two years during the same time frame, and then compare it to the new readings with your new meter. One day of usage doesn’t come close to telling you the full story. One week isn’t enough either.

If it’s proven that they have over billed you , they will credit you. This is why myself and others have told you to contact the DPU. There are processes for everything. You need to have the patience and understanding to work that process. Complaining here or taking frustrations out on a representative isn’t going to get your situation corrected.

Again, I think you’re grasping at straws with the conspiracy thing. They’re not purposely trying to screw your over.

dupattaluella OP t1_j68oemq wrote

Well, once I have bills with this new meter, I'll update you. We can see how big of a difference it makes. And when I contact them for credits, I'll let you know what they say. You seem to have too much trust in them for no reason.

Rmcneil87 t1_j68pk3x wrote

I have no trust in any company. But I know how they operate and I have experience in the field. So I’d wager to say I have a better understanding of how metering and billing and utility construction works than your average person.

dupattaluella OP t1_j69ue4p wrote

Well, if my current and previous readings show as "0 actual" what amount of kwh should I be getting charged for?