Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

I_Arman t1_ja9rr82 wrote

"Roasting heat, biting cold, constant wind, alternating dry and humid air, oh and don't forget the storms that rain down fist-sized hail and summon whirling winds strong enough to tear a house to splinters or drive straw into a tree!"

"What is this hellscape!? Have any of your people survived it?"

"What, Kansas? I grew up there, actually. Uh, are you ok?"

Bazrum t1_jabck2y wrote

i visited Kansas way back when i was scared of thunderstorms, and i had an awful time because of it lmaoo

then i went back after i got over it and had a good time swimming with the jellyfish in potato lake

ctesibius t1_jabyi3x wrote

You have inland jellyfish?

Bazrum t1_jacl7j1 wrote

There are a surprising number of places in the US that have freshwater jellyfish!

I’ve only ever seen them in lake Pomme De Terre (AKA “Apple of the Earth”, AKA French for “potato”), but they’re in like 44 states!

W2ttsy t1_jablfnu wrote

I thought you were describing western Sydney for a minute.

Sunday it’s expected to be 28°c and partially cloudy, Monday will be 34°, Tuesday will be 32° and thunderstorms.

Laughs in australia!

Minniechild t1_jackbrl wrote

I second that I thought it was Sydney- been through two confirmed tornadoes, one possible. Have seen frosts so thick they were ice, and that’s not even up in the Mountains!

I_Arman t1_jad6fmh wrote

The only difference between Australia and Kansas is ocean front property and an imbalance of deadly animals!