Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

Careless_Anywhere_23 OP t1_ix1dpce wrote

Pt 4.

As I ran, a storm had began forming above. Could it be Zeus’ doing? After all, I did just leave his son for dead. But if mythology, no, if HISTORY serves correctly, he didn’t care much for his children. But could I even call it history? I ran even harder. Faster than I ever have. I may have been able to free myself from Ethdos, but Zeus would be an entirely different story. I could never face off with the king of the gods. He would rip me in half, never having thought twice about it.

After running for what felt like hours, I finally decided to stop and find shelter. The storm had me paranoid, but it appeared to be just like any other. I found a small overhang protruding from a hill side and decided I could camp there.

As I made my way over, I gave a few looks around, listening, making sure nothing seemed out of the ordinary. Everything appeared normal enough. I sat down and let out a loud sigh. This would be my life now. Running from the gods.

“Damn it! I didn’t ask to be a god!” I yelled towards the heavens, as if Zeus would hear it and forgive me.

I closed my eyes, hoping to get some sleep. As I began to relax and drift off into the realm of dreams, I was pulled back to reality by a bone rattling thud. My eyes flew open just in time to see a fist hurdling towards my face. It was Ethdos.

I quickly ducked off to the left, his fist grazing my face and planting itself in the rock behind me. That punch would’ve surely killed me.

“Please just leave me alone!” I yelled at Ethdos. My pleas fell on deaf ears. He pulled his hand from the rock, turning towards me. He threw a right kick. It was too fast to duck this time. I threw my hands up to try and block it, but it was little help. His kick connected with my arm, slamming it into my head and sending me hurdling into a nearby tree. To my surprise, it didn’t hurt nearly as much as I had imagined. This gave me a boost in my confidence. I couldn’t run. It was clear he could just follow me. I would have to fight.

“I don’t want to fight you Ethdos. We’ve only known each other for a few hours! I’m not the dangerous person you say I am! I just want to be left alone!” I yelled, hoping he would just forget about me and go on with his life.

“I can’t do that Zeke. My father killed you for a reason. You shouldn’t even be here.” He explained.

He threw himself at me, fist drawn back. I stepped to the right. He was moving slower now. Or was it that I was moving faster? As he made contact with the tree, I threw a punch into the left side of his rib cage. I heard a loud crack, and watched as Ethdos was catapulted towards the river.

I was smiling. Why was I smiling? Was it that my newfound strength brought me joy? My lower arms and hands were going numb, ready for the fight.

Ethdos rose from the river, hovering just above its surface. In a split second, he soared towards me, moving even slower this time. As he neared, I jumped forward, grabbing him by his face. I felt a strange pressure build up in the base of my forearm, and then my hand. I relaxed my wrist, causing an explosion to erupt from my palm, which sent Ethdos hurdling back into the river.

“Is he dead?” I thought to myself. How did I know to do that? It was as if my body had years of experience that my mind lacked, instinctively taking over to ensure my protection. For some odd reason, I didn’t care whether or not Ethdos was dead. It almost felt good. Like I wanted to kill him.

I stood there, waiting to see if he would rise from the water a second time. He didn’t. I turned and started towards the north once again. I had made it only three steps before I felt another tremor beneath my feet, followed by a loud crack. As I turned around, I seen a tall man, who was missing an arm, standing before me.

Let me know if y’all want part 5!

juicy_jojo_reference t1_ix2c3de wrote

Part 5 let's go

Careless_Anywhere_23 OP t1_ix2oviu wrote

Pt 5.

“Who are you?” I asked shakily. This man was much taller than any I had seen before. He had a long beard and golden, glowing eyes. His demeanor portrayed his seriousness.

“My name is Tyr, the god of war. Zeus sent me to apprehend you, given that his worthless son could not.” In an instant he was standing directly in front of me. His hand snapped around my throat, lifting me from the ground. “We’re going to the high council.” He snarled, bringing me closer to his face.

I fought to break free, but his grip did not waver. He was much stronger than Ethdos. No matter how hard I kicked about, his arm didn’t so much as budge.

I wrapped my hands around his forearm, attempting to replicate the same explosion I used to end Ethdos. This time, I let the pressure increase far more than previously. Then, with the relaxation of my wrist, my palms detonated like bombs. Though his face was blocked by smoke, I could tell not even his expression had changed. Nor did his grip loosen.

“Fight as much as you’d like, but you’re nothing compared to your former self.” He said, leaving me confused. Former self? What was he talking about?

Suddenly, we were enveloped by a blue smoke. It swirled around us, making me nauseous. As the smoke cleared, I could see what looked like a city. We were standing on a platform suspended in the air, far above the city’s surface. As Tyr turned around, I realized what they meant by “high council”. 8 gods, all seated side by side, with an empty seat on the far right side. The person sitting in the center couldn’t be mistaken. It was Zeus.

Tyr threw me to the ground. As I tried to stand, chains rose from the ground below, wrapping themselves around my feet and arms. I attempted to move, but it was futile. I wanted to run. To get away from this place. I was scared. I didn’t want to find out what they would do to me.

I began to tremble out of fear. I can’t remember a time that I felt this way. I had always been far stronger and faster than anyone else. I had never lost a fight. And here I stood, shaking like a coward.

I could feel the color drain from my face as Zeus’ eyes met my own. The look plastered across his face was one of pure hatred, maybe disgust even. He stood from his chair, towering over the other 7. I thought Tyr was tall, but even he was short compared to the tree of a man… no… god, standing before me.

“Ezekiel.” His voice boomed. “You have been brought here to face your crimes committed against Olympus. Though we held this trail once before, it seems as if your death was not permanent. Reborn in this pitiful form. Though with this rebirth, it seems you have forgotten your past life, father.”

Let know if y’all want part 6! And I’m open to any and all criticism!