Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

Careless_Anywhere_23 OP t1_ix2oviu wrote

Pt 5.

“Who are you?” I asked shakily. This man was much taller than any I had seen before. He had a long beard and golden, glowing eyes. His demeanor portrayed his seriousness.

“My name is Tyr, the god of war. Zeus sent me to apprehend you, given that his worthless son could not.” In an instant he was standing directly in front of me. His hand snapped around my throat, lifting me from the ground. “We’re going to the high council.” He snarled, bringing me closer to his face.

I fought to break free, but his grip did not waver. He was much stronger than Ethdos. No matter how hard I kicked about, his arm didn’t so much as budge.

I wrapped my hands around his forearm, attempting to replicate the same explosion I used to end Ethdos. This time, I let the pressure increase far more than previously. Then, with the relaxation of my wrist, my palms detonated like bombs. Though his face was blocked by smoke, I could tell not even his expression had changed. Nor did his grip loosen.

“Fight as much as you’d like, but you’re nothing compared to your former self.” He said, leaving me confused. Former self? What was he talking about?

Suddenly, we were enveloped by a blue smoke. It swirled around us, making me nauseous. As the smoke cleared, I could see what looked like a city. We were standing on a platform suspended in the air, far above the city’s surface. As Tyr turned around, I realized what they meant by “high council”. 8 gods, all seated side by side, with an empty seat on the far right side. The person sitting in the center couldn’t be mistaken. It was Zeus.

Tyr threw me to the ground. As I tried to stand, chains rose from the ground below, wrapping themselves around my feet and arms. I attempted to move, but it was futile. I wanted to run. To get away from this place. I was scared. I didn’t want to find out what they would do to me.

I began to tremble out of fear. I can’t remember a time that I felt this way. I had always been far stronger and faster than anyone else. I had never lost a fight. And here I stood, shaking like a coward.

I could feel the color drain from my face as Zeus’ eyes met my own. The look plastered across his face was one of pure hatred, maybe disgust even. He stood from his chair, towering over the other 7. I thought Tyr was tall, but even he was short compared to the tree of a man… no… god, standing before me.

“Ezekiel.” His voice boomed. “You have been brought here to face your crimes committed against Olympus. Though we held this trail once before, it seems as if your death was not permanent. Reborn in this pitiful form. Though with this rebirth, it seems you have forgotten your past life, father.”

Let know if y’all want part 6! And I’m open to any and all criticism!