Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

AutoModerator t1_j6hzlmz wrote

Welcome to the Prompt! All top-level comments must be a story or poem. Reply here for other comments.

Reminders:

>* No AI-generated reponses 🤖 >* Stories 100 words+. Poems 30+ but include "[Poem]" >* Responses don't have to fulfill every detail >* [RF] and [SP] for stricter titles >* Be civil in any feedback and follow the rules

🆕 New Here? ✏ Writing Help? 📢 News 💬 Discord

I am a bot, and this action was performed automatically. Please contact the moderators of this subreddit if you have any questions or concerns.

tryingmydarnest t1_j6iyla6 wrote

Isn't this from traditional Chinese folklore? After death the soul would go to the underworld to be judged. For those reincarnating they'll have to drink a soup made by an elderly lady (孟婆汤) to wipe their memories clean.

Penna_23 OP t1_j6n4ruy wrote

finally someone get the references

yeah, this prompt is basically the very cliche trope "I love you so much that drinking the magical soup won't get rid my memory of you" in Chinese folklore and literature. I wanted to post it here to see how people from other countries would interpreted it

kaosi_schain t1_j6il03e wrote

The memory was not a place, nor person. No loved ones to remember fondly or mortal enemies to seethe over.

Just one, simple, tune.

"This is the song that never ends...."

Baggytrousers27 t1_j6jgyvi wrote

Somehow read this as "A soup can reincarnate" and my mind tried to think of an isekai, light-novel, title.