Comments

You must log in or register to comment.

ThrowitB8 t1_isqqyut wrote

Yooooooooooo. That’s my classmate. I have a permit to carry for my jobs and keep my holster on during class but I have always left my gun secured in my car before classes. He sent me a ‘connection request’ on our student platform and I hit delete. Dude was a little off for sure.

Edit; According to the online public case lookup this is his THIRD peace order in 3 years. The University should have looked this up as soon as there was something mentioned.

I’m not surprised. Women aren’t believed or supported when we speak out.

DoNotWeepAtMyGrave t1_isref1y wrote

Your gun definitely isn’t secure in a car…

ThrowitB8 t1_isseh6b wrote

It’s more* secure than legally required. There isn’t much of a choice for me. I go to school full time and work 3 jobs to feed my child. I’m a single mom with zero family. I can’t afford to drive home in between everything I need to do so that I can secure my gun at my home.

Again- my gun is more* secure than legally required. And I take an extra step of removing the chamber and securing it in a different part of my car. So kindly crawl out of my asshole.

mikefaley t1_ist7j0m wrote

Hi - hope you’re having a good day so far. A sincere question for you if you don’t mind - not a challenge or any political bullshit just curious - you mentioned holstering your firearm during class. I imagine you are carrying in class then. I was wondering what the purpose of this is? Personal protection?

Thank you - Mike

−7

ThrowitB8 t1_ist8swa wrote

No. I said that I keep my holster on during class. I’m not legally allowed to carry onto a school property of any kind.

I’m not going to take off my belt and remove my holster to go to school. I’m not going to make myself a target in a parking garage or street while fucking around with my belt. I keep my gun secured in the car and keep empty holster on during classes.

mikefaley t1_iste4qn wrote

Oh got it, I understand now! Thank you for the explanation. Have a good day.

molesterofpriests t1_isrj576 wrote

If it has a trigger lock and is concealed from los than it is technically considered "secure" by law.

codyvir t1_ist1m4c wrote

I don't know why you're being downvoted for that kind of statement.

molesterofpriests t1_istphcb wrote

Its okay, some people are just ignorant and don't know much about the laws of their own country.

I'm not even American lol. Just a Canadian who travels to Baltimore semi often and has owned restricted weapons since I was old enough to obtain a license.

Any experienced owner knows what I said was factual.

Matt3989 t1_istwf0p wrote

Maybe we should start treating theft like an actual crime.

bwbwildcat t1_isuccch wrote

Looking him up it seems he has also gone to court MULTIPLE times for assault, big yikes from me

MrsPots-Stark t1_isqt5ak wrote

As someone who is a grad student and undergrad alum, i can absolutely confirm that the administration does nothing in these instances. In undergrad I reported a guy for stalking, threats, and harassment and it got me absolutely nowhere.

beelzebubskale t1_isqujf8 wrote

Right now I have a friend who is fighting the dean for not removing a student after they have consistently used slurs against them in class. Because it would go against the university systems free speech rules

SloppyA4 t1_it3m7zh wrote

Depending on what his issues are from the navy if it’s anything to do with TBI or PTSD he shouldn’t be allowed to have a gun for obvious reasons now

Acceptable_Day_7204 t1_isri27d wrote

It sounds like a lot of social manipulation for political gain. I may be missing pieces but I don’t see a threat just an obvious policy violation.

Funny thing is that dudes the guy who would be protecting from a shooter

−70

r3rg54 t1_isrkb71 wrote

> "He grabbed me by the back of my book bag and, like, pulled me up off my feet next to him and was like, 'You better not be lying,' and, 'Remember, I can kill you in one shot.'"

BlueBinch t1_iste9iq wrote

He assaulted another student and threatened to shoot her.

Just because he's a veteran, it does mean he'd "be the guy who's protecting from a shooter".

fridill t1_it31qyh wrote

This was probably written by Jesse to excuse his assaults and harassments.

Plus if he abuses his classmates so publicly, imagine how he abuses his dogs in private.

Acceptable_Day_7204 t1_iu6zk5m wrote

So definitely social manipulated bad guy lol Got it

It’s an effective method but still corrupt and the emotional pain caused by this trend is going to backfire on society one day for the next generation.

It’s going to cause an ideological fissure between groups in and out of effective range of control. A Orwellian dystopia is here already but the gattica and Fahrenheit 451 aren’t far behind

Velghast t1_isptj4e wrote

Well that's kind of frightening. There is a guy at the Orioles game who had a gun. No idea how he got it in there but it wasn't properly secured because it fell underneath his seat and he just kind of gave this oh s*** and put it back in his pants. Now that I think about it I don't think there's been one place in Baltimore where I haven't seen a gun. Go to Giant for groceries, I've seen guns there minus the police officer who has to have a gun. Royal farms, amateur there are several guns in the Royal farms. Any given parking lot or apartment complex on Moravia Road, guaranteed gun.

I'm pretty sure if I check my cat's litter box I can find a 9mm.

Thanatosst t1_isqpdsm wrote

If your cat is randomly finding a 9mm and bringing it home, I want to buy your cat.

After all, nothing is better than a Cat in a Hat with a Gat.

EfficiencySuch6361 t1_isqegrg wrote

Weird. I very rarely see guns but I know they’re everywhere

BronzeEast t1_isrqlie wrote

They are everywhere. Ya know what’s not everywhere since the pandemic? Police.

−6

sirvonhugendong t1_isqf77k wrote

I have many of questions, like I wanna hear more background on this. It seems a little crazy to because as someone with a conceal carry even I know it's a serious crime to have a gun on school property. And what jurisdiction did they lock him up in was it baltimore city ?

ThrowitB8 t1_isr1rbc wrote

According to the public records search it was Baltimore city. Although he has a couple other peace orders in the county as well.

Matt3989 t1_issr6m3 wrote

Universities and Colleges aren't included in the COMAR definition of Schools.

All Maryland Universities have a ban on concealed guns, but not all have policies that apply to open carry (UB does). The bans are "policy" but not enforceable by law, so they would have to notice and ask you to leave first, they cannot arrest or detain you unless you refuse to leave, at which point you're trespassing.

(I would definitely not trust UB campus police nor any other responding agency to know the law well enough to not shoot you)

Confident_Bridge9811 t1_ists8pb wrote

It really seems like a law that needs to change.

Matt3989 t1_istu7ss wrote

Does it? Has there been an incident of someone with a Carry Permit causing problems on a campus?

Bonethug609 t1_issucp3 wrote

Would consider suing the U of B. I’d also transfer.

Proud-Animator-1421 t1_iswjadx wrote

The president is a schmoke- look up that history. That’s why nothing is being done.

Also- TV is more powerful than TikTok in this case, go to channel 11

CautiousAd1164 t1_issgdvm wrote

Hi get a counsel and carry. They don’t care about your safety and no one else will. might as well protect yourself

−9