Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

goetzecc t1_itbk1rz wrote

I patronize the restaurants as one of my kids, who is queer, is employed by them as a musician. I go to see my kid, and I sit back and observe. I see extremely diverse staff and patrons, and what seems to be a positive work environment. My kid has had positive experiences in their venues, is paid better than market, and feels safe. The management I’ve seen is on the ball and professional. Granted, my view is narrowly of a subset of their properties but I’ve gotten to a pretty good sampling of experiences

I just don’t think they are the evil empire Reddit makes them out to be.

I also heavily patronize independent restaurants and music venues in the city so I see a lot.

Purple_Box3317 t1_itbofbj wrote

This is my point. There is this huge “Atlas is bad” movement online but it just doesn’t add up with the experiences I’ve ever had and no one can explain it to me. It’s always simply “they just are” I suppose it has a lot to do with their success? Jealousy maybe? The fact that the uncle owns Sinclair? Idk. It’s obviously a thing people hate , I have 11 downvotes on a comment where I’m simply asking a question 😂

DfcukinLite t1_itgresi wrote

Online? There’s don’t eat atlas all over this city.