Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

Purple_Box3317 t1_it9882h wrote

Everyone says they are racist. I’d really like to see concrete proof. I’m not defending anyone but this is an absurd statement. Their staff is very diverse, their restaurants are highly patronized by the black community in Baltimore. I’ve always found this to be the dumbest knock on them.

−20

andrew_rides_forum t1_it9edbt wrote

Reddit thinks that the actions of one person making 45k a year that happened to be employed by Atlas at the time is sufficient to condemn the entire operation

dopkick t1_it9k537 wrote

Get out of here with your nuance. People on this sub love, love having an enemy. If it’s not Atlas it’s people from the counties. Or rich Texans buying up properties. Or elitists from DC invading. Or whatever the boogeyman du jour is. Everything is clearly black and white, good and evil, with clearly defined villains.

jiminycricut t1_it9efw8 wrote

Google is free

Purple_Box3317 t1_it9f81s wrote

Not sure I understand… there was 1 incident that was blown way out of proportion and turned into a money grab and there was another blow up about a dress code which was ironic because assuming ONLY black people wear jerseys and work boots is the definition of racist… but other than that I’ve not seen any serious concrete evidence.

Zealousideal_Snow401 t1_it9noru wrote

There is also a history of sexual harassment. Bartenders preying on girls and the management doing nothing about it. Also sexism with women managers.

andrew_rides_forum t1_ita5iou wrote

I hate to say this and it shouldn’t excuse behavior of that kind, but thinking that’s exclusive to Atlas is fucking stupid. That is the entire service industry.

Zealousideal_Snow401 t1_itc3kve wrote

Im not saying it doesn't happen anywhere else but one would think for a big group like this they would be a bit more vocal about doing something about it instead of sweeping it under the rug and pretend it didn't happend and trying to shut up people who do talk about it.

andrew_rides_forum t1_itg6lmv wrote

I get what you’re trying to say, but you’ve clearly never worked in the industry. Recommend sitting this one out.

Zealousideal_Snow401 t1_iti0s7z wrote

You clearly never experienced someone being racist towards you or being sexually harassed

hawkgamedev t1_it9vdcf wrote

I'm not going to look it up for you, but again and again when this topic comes up there is legitimate proof posted. Your post feels like gaslighting.

Purple_Box3317 t1_ita0zyr wrote

“Gaslighting” lol. This is the typical response when this topic comes up. Oh I don’t have time to show you actual evidence but it’s there! And then throw in a term like gaslighting or some other progressive word Du jour. I’m not trying to convince anyone of anything, I was just asking for specifics because to date no one has been able to show me a single one.

hawkgamedev t1_ita33a8 wrote

So you are this lazy every single time. I'm just pointing out how silly you sound saying "I never see any proof" when it has been posted quite often. It's not my job to educate you.

Purple_Box3317 t1_ita4g9p wrote

You are almost intentionally looking past what I’m saying .. either way this is exhausting and I’m bored of it.

goetzecc t1_itbk1rz wrote

I patronize the restaurants as one of my kids, who is queer, is employed by them as a musician. I go to see my kid, and I sit back and observe. I see extremely diverse staff and patrons, and what seems to be a positive work environment. My kid has had positive experiences in their venues, is paid better than market, and feels safe. The management I’ve seen is on the ball and professional. Granted, my view is narrowly of a subset of their properties but I’ve gotten to a pretty good sampling of experiences

I just don’t think they are the evil empire Reddit makes them out to be.

I also heavily patronize independent restaurants and music venues in the city so I see a lot.

Purple_Box3317 t1_itbofbj wrote

This is my point. There is this huge “Atlas is bad” movement online but it just doesn’t add up with the experiences I’ve ever had and no one can explain it to me. It’s always simply “they just are” I suppose it has a lot to do with their success? Jealousy maybe? The fact that the uncle owns Sinclair? Idk. It’s obviously a thing people hate , I have 11 downvotes on a comment where I’m simply asking a question 😂

DfcukinLite t1_itgresi wrote

Online? There’s don’t eat atlas all over this city.