Submitted by JT_2005 t3_z8esqn in baltimore

I’ve been trying to plan a move to Baltimore, specifically the midtown area, but every listing I find in my budget always has a phone book length of reviews saying that the management, property, amenities, or all are straight crap. Does anyone have rent from a place or live in a building managed by a company in or near midtown that’s in the 1000-2000 dollar rent range that’s not crap? I understand that everything won’t be perfect I just want to differentiate between places that are intolerable to live in and one’s that are tolerable or better. Thanks for you guys’ help.

Comments

You must log in or register to comment.

RoenTan t1_iyc6l65 wrote

What ever you do DO NOT rent from American management or Atlantic.

I have had a decent experience with Bozzuto and hilltop management

JT_2005 OP t1_iyd3onn wrote

I’ve heard a mixed bag of reviews about Bozzuto and Hilltop, they look a little better than the other things I’ve seen really. Thanks

DiscoDeadhead t1_iybb3e3 wrote

A friend of mine lived here and loved it, the apartments are gorgeous!

https://pmcpropertygroup.com/properties/lenore

colonelcarnal t1_iybei99 wrote

I wouldn't make that neighborhood my first apartment in Baltimore depending on where you're moving from and what you're used to

fredblockburn t1_iybxdke wrote

Agreed. It can be rough down there, especially later at night. Also nothing is really easily walkable.

NewrytStarcommander t1_iyd1k2l wrote

The Lenore is pretty walkable, uphill of course to the supermarket, but downhill home. Not too bad for the main transit lines either.

NewrytStarcommander t1_iyd15j2 wrote

Years ago I rented from a small company called Alpha Development- they had maybe 100 nice but very economical units in various buildings across Mt. Vernon/Midtown- maybe look them up and give a call and see if they have any openings. It's been a while, so do your due diligence but I was a very happy renter with them.

JT_2005 OP t1_iyd2w5m wrote

Thanks I’ll make sure and give it a try

octosquink t1_iycjp7r wrote

Everyone says Bay Property Management sucks but I have had no issues since renting from them beginning May 2021. We’ve had to get a lot of work done on this rental house too: new roof, French drain in the basement, new oven.

[deleted] t1_iyckun3 wrote

[deleted]

octosquink t1_iycwtvh wrote

Damn. We have a specific property manager person we can email or text with issues that arise. Sorry you’re having so many problems. Our house is owned by someone out of state and they pay for the repairs, I don’t know if their involvement has anything to do with our better experiences or not. I have a feeling that if I was renting an apartment owned by Bay it might not be such a good experience. I think I got really lucky 🤞🏻 because I’ve heard a lot of bad stuff on Reddit.

JT_2005 OP t1_iyd3c8c wrote

Yeah, I’ve looked up BPM and all I could find were people describing what a nightmare their experiences with them were. Also they got an A on the BBB and a few good reviews like yours so I’ll probably tour anyway just to get a feel of it

75footubi t1_iyda65r wrote

Just for the record BBB is pay to play, so any company can buy an A+ rating and have bad reviews deleted.

MoJoEsq t1_iydt4uu wrote

My internet research seems to indicate BPM uses a bunch of independent contractor type of property managers and is an umbrella org for that.... Once you see how big a geographic area they cover, it's not really a surprise. So I get the sense your experience with them may vary widely based on the actual property management folks you get. We live in one of their properties in Canton, and they've been good for us but I get the sense that may vary by neighborhood/who is contracted or assigned in your area.

TheDunster t1_iycmoa5 wrote

Rented with southern management for 4 years at two different properties and had a good experience. At the last property they even let us go month to month for a little over a year while we searched for a home. One of our friends went month to month with them for 4 years. The price was reasonable for month to month and it didn’t change for a while.

episcopaladin t1_iyedxfo wrote

i've dealt with Reveal Real Estate Management for a year and never had issues