Comments

You must log in or register to comment.

No_name_Johnson t1_izc0bo5 wrote

I have zero idea what these are referencing but I love it

Baltimore_Bill OP t1_izcdd04 wrote

No reference. Just playing with photoshop.

MD_Weedman t1_izfuo71 wrote

It's from that scene in John Waters classic "Here Comes Trouble"

sl8rfan2 t1_izbx27b wrote

needs more squeegee boys.

GhostPepperDaddy t1_izcmxxw wrote

It's hard to tell it's Baltimore without any criminals in the picture for sure.

−22

Willothwisp2303 t1_izeb7lr wrote

How do you know there's no criminals in this picture?

dangerbird2 t1_izemf68 wrote

Santa is technically a serial trespasser. I’m pretty sure it’s not a crime, but the Patterson park pagoda was convicted of aggravated cultural appropriation

waterfreak5 t1_izc5ijm wrote

Move a bit to the left so we can see the cat's eye

Petunio t1_izbz02q wrote

The best album by The Baltimore Bills if you ask me.

wuguwa t1_izcepfe wrote

Get yourself a proper crab there, Santa!

Balmerhippie t1_izcc9qp wrote

whats in the Miss Irene's space these days?

biophazer242 t1_izcgxtu wrote

Nothing that will ever compare the to the original that is for sure. Dark and musty with a terribly slanted pool table but amazing clientele and regulars. Back when fells point had true character!

Balmerhippie t1_izci7na wrote

Hurricane Isabel did that version in. Had many hazy nights in there. The next version was still named Miss Irene's but became a very good restaurant. One pound real porterhouse was my favorite.

biophazer242 t1_izcrk4b wrote

In the early days my office was just a crappy little warehouse on wolfe right across from the dead end. Every long day started with coffee from the daily grind and ended with food at dead end or john stevens and shots at irenes. Weekends were more shots at irenes. That place defined my early to mid 20s. No wonder I am pretty much a functioning alcoholic at this point in my life :)

Balmerhippie t1_ize5gnb wrote

Youre not alone in your functional alcoholic state in Bmo. I had far too many misadventures in the Dead End Saloon, Miss Irene's, Cats Eye, Wharf Rat, John Stevens. A drunken sailors paradise. I got trashed at the Dead End on 9-11. You remember Dr Bob?

GattMourley t1_izcvo13 wrote

It's been The Point at least since I moved to Fells in 2014. Decent place if you're looking for brunch but I wouldn't go there just for a drink.

Balmerhippie t1_ize4q9j wrote

Pale shadow. Thanks. Seems the Cats Eye is the last pub standing from my era.

saintnightmare t1_izdx286 wrote

I’m concerned about your wife’s level of taste.. if you’ve got an extra I’d love one lol

TheSnowKeeper t1_izcr3ox wrote

"I said the REAL Baltimore. Perfection"

mattyboy22 t1_izd21xs wrote

Jeeze man what's not to like ? Ya got a Crab. You've got Santa I think maybe . Ya got some pink, ya got a blue sky, and ya got the Cats Eye !!

StinkRod t1_izea6rc wrote

Your wife eats at Atlas restaurants. On purpose.

trigatch4 t1_izetwww wrote

This masterpiece belongs in AVAM.

NewrytStarcommander t1_izf4v1g wrote

Santa's going to turn an ankle on the old railroad track is the problem.

Wilmore99 t1_izfo3z8 wrote

Your wife doesn’t like it, but if these were available for purchase I’d buy a box of them. 😂

ambassoon t1_izcldux wrote

I want all of this forever

remake-remodeler t1_izedrcs wrote

I don't know what she's talking about, that skirt is fire.

SarcastiMel t1_izeh27w wrote

Needs more Maryland flag, but I approve! It's fantastic!

eightbic t1_izclsrq wrote

Yeah she’s not wrong. What the crystal meth is this?

wirelesswizard64 t1_izeuhyc wrote

Are you the guy who designs those Visit Baltimore ads? Because I am definitely getting that same vibe.

Baltimore_Bill OP t1_izflohb wrote

Love you too!

wirelesswizard64 t1_izgpuxp wrote

Haha, sorry if that came off as mean- I love your style and this pic! What I meant to say is that what I assume is a fun image you made in your free time is of the same caliber as a professional ad campaign.

downwithlevers t1_izffrcy wrote

Bro this sucks. Maybe take more than 10 seconds on it. It's hideous. Smashing together a few hacky references to Baltimore doesn't necessarily mean you've hit a home run, it still takes a bit of artistry and skill to make something worthwhile.

−3

Constant-Ice6916 t1_izfighd wrote

Obvious county dweller is obvious.

downwithlevers t1_izfs994 wrote

C'mon man, check my flair. I live in the city. You seriously think that the only possible way that someone wouldn't love this poorly photoshopped atrocity is if they lived outside of city limits?