Submitted by D0UNEN t3_10i9p14 in baltimore

I’ve been eating either Joe Squared in town or Mama Luca if im in Towson. But I absolutely love deep dish pizza and have been having a serious craving for it.

I’m in the Mt. Vernon area but i can travel no problem. Anywhere between Woodlawn & Parkville (city included), I’ll give it a shot. I know it’s late so any recommendations I’ll check out tomorrow. Thanks in advance.

Comments

You must log in or register to comment.

guest0112 t1_j5dd9mn wrote

Underground (Detroit style) is pretty faaaaantastic. Other “thick” pizzas… Matthew’s and barflys?

People like to shit on chains and the inner harbor but UNO’s does a decent job cant deny it

dano2990 t1_j5df7zg wrote

Add Joe Benny’s to that list (Sicilian)

DisentangledElm t1_j5dr3wp wrote

UPC is hands down amazing. Do yourself a favor and try the Roni Boy with sausage sometime.

NationalMyth t1_j5fbyu9 wrote

I've loved everything I've had from them, but hot damn if it ain't spicy on the wallet

Alonsodj88 t1_j5etgn6 wrote

Cross st public house has Detroit style and it’s very good/similar to underground!

D0UNEN OP t1_j5ddhlq wrote

I’ve had uno’s pizza more times than I can count. I like their pizza when it’s made fresh. But it gives me heartburn lol. I’ll definitely try underground, though.

guest0112 t1_j5ddkka wrote

The worst part about UNOs is seeing the calories listed on the menu 😢

D-rock240 t1_j5ejsqa wrote

Big softy is good, stumbled across this last year. He moved here from Detroit:

https://www.big-softy.com/

papajim22 t1_j5fa0c4 wrote

Damn, that’s literally three blocks away from me. Thanks for the recommendation, I’ll check them out!

PleaseBmoreCharming t1_j5ftvzz wrote

Lemme confirm it's in Arbutus? The website you link to shows a couple Instagram pics, but no menu, hours, etc. except a address for an Arbutus shopping center.

D-rock240 t1_j5g7mq1 wrote

I havent been to that location so can't confirm. I had the pizza when he was at the treehouse cafe.

jejunebug t1_j5dck1b wrote

If you’re looking for a Chicago style deep dish you’re going to be disappointed. If you’re looking for thick crust, Pig & Rooster is your answer

D0UNEN OP t1_j5ddmce wrote

Yea I like more thick, crispy crust. Don’t care too much for Chicago style. It’s a casserole to me lol. I’ll try out Pig & Rooster next week!

MaxipadMassacre t1_j5dejs7 wrote

Not totally ideal but Safeway on harford road has Gino’s East in their frozen section and it’s much cheaper than getting the same from goldbelly

TerranceBaggz t1_j5g8wee wrote

Underground, or pig and rooster for Detroit style (they’re almost identical) Matthew’s for the original

Random-Cpl t1_j5ywybu wrote

Can’t believe the number of answers here that aren’t Matthew’s.

brianjmoran t1_j5ddkz8 wrote

Go on Goldbelly and order whichever you’d like. They have a large selection. And everything I’ve ever ordered from them has been amazing

addctd2badideas t1_j5fvljm wrote

"Deep dish pizza"

You misspelled "casserole."

−2