Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

RD__III t1_isajzfu wrote

>how the author doesn't understand what toxic masculinity is.

More so, you don't understand how it's being used erroneously. Things like "going to the gym" or "playing sports in school" are being labelled as toxic masculinity. It is important to understand that things can be masculine and not inherently bad, and that is a message many people don't understand.

−6

Katerade44 t1_isbilyb wrote

No reasonable person, let alone the majority of the left, is claiming that those things are toxic. Stop with the overstatements.

pedestrianpinniped t1_isckrzn wrote

It doesn't need to be the majority to be a problem. Unreasonable minorities on both sides get all the spotlight thanks to social media algorithms and are thus affecting our kids. You are literally doing the "Not all men argument" here FFS, so blind.

−7

Katerade44 t1_isckwha wrote

No, I am saying it isn't a real thing.

pedestrianpinniped t1_iscyf18 wrote

you got half a thread of people that beg to differ. Guess they are all liars an only your experiences are valid, my mistake.

−3

Katerade44 t1_iscynlg wrote

No one but that one person is claiming that normal activities for any gender such as going to the gym are being labeled "toxic masculinity." That is the claim that I am saying is absurd and is not happening.

pedestrianpinniped t1_isdckoh wrote

Literally all of society assumes gym bros are toxic, it's basically a meme at this point.

Katerade44 t1_isdhgdw wrote

There is a difference between going to the gym and being a "gym bro." Again, so long as the person isn't actually displaying toxic masculinity by other behaviors, then no one gives a f*** if they frequent the gym.

pedestrianpinniped t1_isdph5n wrote

Yeah no one ever stereotypes they always wait to consider the totality of a persons behavior how silly of me.

Katerade44 t1_isdpxw2 wrote

There are stereotypes about literally every group of people. Are you seriously making the argument that anyone truly thinks that just going to the gym makes anyone a sexist a-hole? C'mon now.

[deleted] t1_isakkao wrote

[removed]

[deleted] t1_isalmyb wrote

[removed]