Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

ThatsNotAZombieBite t1_ixlhlh6 wrote

No love for the witches? Granny Weatherwax is my favorite character. (Vimes is great but the character changes so much from book to book.)

Anyway, I always recommend reading all the discworld books in order starting with #3 Equal Rites (skip the first two about Rincewind and maybe circle back to them later).

kultsinuppeli t1_ixlqsk3 wrote

I love the witches, and Granny Weatherwax. Her simple yet profound and complex way to look at the world always makes you think.

herbalhippie t1_ixmhdmu wrote

The witches are mine and my son's favorite books in the series. :)

Amzuja t1_ixnbmnf wrote

The audible versions are so good, Indira Varma does all the witches voices so well. Highly recommend for both anyone that loves the series and those that are new to it!

class_warfare_exists t1_ixnzfvy wrote

Awh, why skip the first two? I absolutely love it every time Rincewind or the Librarian come up knowing what went down with them.

ThatsNotAZombieBite t1_ixo5imx wrote

Those first two kind of don't have much of a coherent plot. They might turn off a first-time reader. Like I said, circle back to them after you've got an idea how discworld works.

class_warfare_exists t1_ixphl25 wrote

I guess you're right, the writing gets kind of confusing at times. But Twoflower set the stage for the rest of the books for me; I basically feel like him when reading the novels; naively observing the cultural palette of Discworld